Sr Compensation Analyst - Dallas, TX
Atmos Energy Corporation
Provides advanced compensation expertise to establish competitive and equitable pay practices for the Company in order to attract and retain talent. Analyzes, evaluates, implements and maintains compensation programs to support organizational objectives. Recommends program modifications based on analysis.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION
- Acts as a business partner to provide guidance and solutions in compensation related matters. Provides analytical support and assistance in the execution and administration of base and variable compensation programs.
- Collaborates with Compensation Manager in developing strategic plans for the compensation area. Prepares materials for presentations regarding compensation initiatives. Composes communications related to employee compensation activities. Develops, revises and documents processes in support of compensation-related programs.
- Develops and performs statistical analysis, data modeling, and costing of base pay programs. Creates reports and designs Compensation Dashboards.
- Researches best practices for analysis of compensation survey results against internal policies and practices. Recommends adjustments or changes to compensation programs in response to organizational goals.
- Coordinates participation and analysis of general and industry specific salary surveys. Prepares and submits requested information. Recommends surveys for participation and advises discontinuation as appropriate. Develops alternative sources of data as needed.
- Develops job descriptions. Conducts job evaluations and recommends levels for existing, new or restructured jobs. Monitors the Company's compliance with FLSA regulations. Evaluates and recommends the FLSA status of Company jobs.
- Develops and coordinates administration of the annual merit process. Works directly with management and business units to ensure guidelines are followed.
- Manages job documentation and evaluation records. Ensures the accuracy of all job data contained within HRMS and other systems by seeking current information, following up on outstanding issues, and resolving discrepancies.
- Plans and administers short-term incentive programs, participant communications, reporting, analysis and payments.
- Reviews proposed salary actions, seeks input from managers on sensitive issues, and recommends when a requested exception is appropriate. Develops informational materials and/or forms to assist managers and employees in understanding and participating in compensation processes.
- Provides input for preparation of Company responses to rate cases by collecting, compiling, and organizing compensation-related materials and information required by the rate case.
- Establishes and maintains vendor and/or outside company contacts that are required for research studies and the administration of the Company's compensation programs.
Education & Experience
Requires Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting or a related field, a minimum of five years compensation analysis/design experience. or equivalent.
Preferred Education, Experience, or Skills:
- Certified Compensation Professional preferred.
- Communication Skills:
Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or information. Requires excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Requires ability to handle superior level of confidentiality concerning employee information.
- Numeric Skills:
Requires the ability to perform complex analyses involving ratios, percentages and advanced statistical methods. Requires strong analytical skills and ability to perform independent in-depth analysis.
- Computer Skills:
Requires advanced knowledge of various software applications to create complex compensation-related documents, reports and/or graphics. Ability to use software and hardware effectively, including MS Office. High-level proficiency in MS Excel required.
- Other Requirements:
- Requires excellent time management, interpersonal, communication, presentation, organization, decision-making, and planning skills.
- Able to handle superior level of confidentiality concerning employee information.
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Works in an office environment. Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting.
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full-Time
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply
Contact Information: Jeremy Taylor, Talent and Acquisitions Specialist, Jeremy.Taylor@atmosenergy.com