Compensation Manager - Plano, TX
This position is integral to the Human Resources team and will manage the compensation programs for a geographically diverse company with multiple sales commission, incentive and bonus structures. This includes commission / bonus / incentive plan creation, analysis, budgeting, complex forecasting, and computing for 1600+ employees across multiple divisions and business lines. This position will collaborate with various groups throughout the organization including sales, operations, accounting / finance and members of the senior management team.
- Oversees the day to day operation of reward and recognition programs to include, program planning and administration (base salary, commissions, short and long-term incentives, and other variable pay programs), program compliance with applicable laws and regulations and all supportive processes and documentation.
- Maintains centralized compensation records and documents necessary for reporting and/or audits of compensation plans. Provides compensation information to approved requesting parties to ensure compliance with EEOC, FLSA, and all other related regulations. Regularly conducts internal audits to ensure all practices remain compliant.
- Works closely with business leaders to design, develop, and implement new compensation plans and structures based on analysis to ensure the business is competitive with market.
- Develops appropriate communication and educational programs using various media to keep coworkers informed and updated on our company reward and recognition programs.
- Works to cultivate a compensation philosophy with organization leaders that is aligned with the organizational strategy.
- Serves as a compensation consultant in order to provide recommendations of best practices to the organization.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure compensation plans are performing effectively.
- Supervises and directs the work of a small team of compensation analysts.
- Responsible for streamlining, organizing, and managing compensation data and processes.
- Prepares, plans, and develops the organization’s annual pay for performance compensation program.
- Participates in external compensation surveys. Reviews and analyzes findings to gain an understanding of trends and current market position of the organization’s pay programs – updates management as appropriate.
- Prepare and track labor expense budget.
- Conduct complex analysis and modeling to forecast labor expense impact of revenue performance on variable compensation.
- Develop, prepare and present specialized reports, forecasts, accruals and other ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Calculate and manage commission and bonus payout process for the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of professional work experience managing / administering variable compensation structures in a sales-driven organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or closely related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Must have a genuine interest in learning, understanding and empathizing with the needs of the organization’s leadership and staff.
- Experience working in the compensation area for a sales-oriented business.
- A passion for serving people.
- Ability to work and maintain confidential information as private and sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: 110-120K base salary + 10% annual bonus
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply