Compensation Supervisor - Austin, TX
City of Austin
The Human Resources Supervisor for the Compensation Division provides day-to-day leadership of the Compensation Consultants. This position serves as the Compensation Manager during Manager’s absence (e.g., while attending Council meetings, etc.). Represents the Human Resources Department, Compensation Division in interdepartmental meetings regarding compensation or classification issues. Reviews and approves the work of Compensation Consultants on a daily basis. Assists Manager on decisions affecting Compensation division’s direction, policies, and procedures. Provides advice, counsel, and direction to all members of the division. Evaluates and coaches Compensation Consultants.
- Collaborates with and serves as strategic partner to senior leaders and management on HR programmatic analysis, with the achievement of objectives and in resolution of complex HR-related issues providing direct operational oversight, advice, and analytical support within the assigned department.
- Partners with and supports senior leader(s) to implement enhancements, to improve policies and procedures, and to provide solutions and recommendations for practice and process improvements as well as operational efficiency and service quality.
- Participates in the preparation and monitoring of budget and contracts/contractors and implementation of the departmental budget; and recommends and justifies capital expenditures.
- Serves as a subject matter expert providing guidance and monitoring compliance with applicable systems, policies, procedures, strategies, process work flows, and regulations; and monitors compliance with policies, regulations, laws, and program objectives.
- Serves as a liaison and advisor within their department and between the Human Resources Department and other City departments, agencies, and other external organizations, groups, and representatives.
- Supervises implementation and administration on assigned project or process; assigns projects, sets schedules, and monitors task completion for timeliness, accuracy, and effectiveness; performs quality checks of program-related data and personnel; prepares and reviews reports to monitor and communicate performance results; and directs HR team in implementation of agreed upon actions until the problem has been resolved.
- Investigates and responds to complaints from managers and employees, and makes recommendations.
- Monitors program, departmental, Local, and national trends; identifies training needs and solutions; works cross-departmentally to create best practices; conducts research to support new policy and procedure development; and develops and implements standard operating practice, policy, and procedure, as necessary.
Education & Experience:
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to job, plus five (5) years of related HR experience, including one (1) year of experience which was in a lead or supervisory capacity.
Experience may substitute for one (1) year of the required education up to a maximum of four (4) years substitution.
Preferred Education, Experience, or Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of compensation to include classification, in a municipal environment, including:
- Experience in leading market studies.
- Experience in conducting job analyses.
- Demonstrated and advanced experience and skill in the use of spreadsheets, to include creating and modifying formulas and pivot tables.
- Familiarity with databases tools.
- Compensation or HR Certification.
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Click here to apply