Executive Compensation Lead - Dallas, TX
Trinity Industries is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Executive Compensation Lead in our Dallas, Texas office.
This role will focus on executive compensation and equity program activities, including analysis and reporting for board, shareholders, and management. This role will provide overall support to the Senior Director of Total Rewards, with all things related to executive compensation including the equity based compensation programs and the annual Proxy filings.
Join our team today and be a part of Delivering Goods for the Good of All!
What you’ll do:
- Project lead for the administration process of executive compensation programs for Officers and key executives. Programs may include base pay evaluation, short- and long-term incentive plans, deferred compensation, and stock plans.
- Acts as the main contributor in the preparation for HR Committee materials. Will also support executive compensation briefings to eligible executives, as necessary.
- Serves as subject matter expert for equity programs, partnering closely with the Legal group as well as other internal departments (such as Tax, Finance and Audit, Payroll & HRIS) and 3rd party vendor in coordinating all activities.
- Ensure all equity awards under the LTIP are administered per plan rules, develop burn rate and share roll forward calculations.
- Performs executive compensation benchmarking and analysis, ensuring internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Assists with external and internal reporting requirements (SEC filings, audit reports).
- Assist with the development of the annual proxy data.
- Works with Legal counsel, and other internal resources, in the preparation of the company’s annual Proxy.
- Coordinates submission of data for annual and ad-hoc executive compensation surveys or requests from the Compensation Consultant to the Board.
- Drives the annual and ad-hoc Long-Term Incentive Plan (LTIP) participant review and coordinates the grant issuances as well as other related processes upon vesting, in partnership with the Legal team.
- Provides consultation on executive compensation matters to senior executives and HR Business Partners for higher level executive roles.
- Keeps current with legislation impacting executive compensation and determine potential implications to ensure continued compliance.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Total Rewards & CHRO on projects and presentations involving the design and modification of the executive compensation program enabling the attraction, motivation and retention of top talent
- Additional broad-based compensation related duties as available and needed
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3- 5 years of experience in Executive Compensation
- Previous experience of Executive Compensation design, analysis and administration, both cash & equity.
- Previous experience in preparing Compensation/HR Committee of the Board materials.
- Understanding of Long-Term Incentive Plan concepts and designs
- Working knowledge of corporate compliance requirements
- Strong project management skills
- Critical to have attention to details
- Must be highly collaborative
- Highly analytical and strong problem solving
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
Job Type: RegularClick here to apply
Job Schedule: Full - Time