Benefits Analyst - Irving, TX
The Compensation & Benefits Specialist will support the HR team with the administration of various compensation, benefits, and recognition programs, including the outsourced administration of Envoy’s group health plan and 401(k) defined contribution plan. The Specialist will support processes & initiatives led by senior Specialists in the department and will also work with a variety of partners including HRIS teams and payroll/benefits/401k vendors to ensure administration of plans are carried out in accordance with DOL and ERISA regulations.
- Reviews and analyzes HRIS data files. Coordinates the correction of data errors for employee records that may impact the administration of employee benefits or the transmission of employee data to various third-party vendors involved in the administration of benefits and 401(k) plans.
- Audits payroll deduction files for accuracy and acts as a liaison between Compensation & Benefits Specialists, Payroll, and third-party benefits administrators to resolve irregularities
- Prepares and analyzes health plan and retirement data as needed for compliance testing and external audits; ensure deliverables and deadlines are met and results clearly documented.
- Responsible for review and approval of HSA, 401(k) contribution & loan files and plan funding documents
- Ensures accurate eligibility for Full-time and Part-time employee enrollment for benefits by reconciling time & attendance data
- Researches issues related to participant eligibility
- Performs detailed audits & reconciliations of various plan eligibility, enrollment, and
- Performs ad hoc analyses and reporting of HR data including of various metrics and
- Manages the administration of service anniversary awards, including eligibility,
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related field with 1-3 years of related experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with MS Office Excel and PowerPoint, including the ability to create pivot tables, vlookups, write conditional formulas, and create charts & graphs to summarize data
- Analytical and technical ability to create & manipulate complex spreadsheets involving large data sets
- Working knowledge of group health plan and 401(k) plan design and administration preferred, with overall understanding of payroll file interfaces, deductions, reporting, and reconciling
- Ability to interpret multiple aspects of benefit plan document language including eligibility, enrollment, transactions, plan rules, compliance and reporting requirements, etc.
- Basic knowledge of rules and regulations (DOL, ERISA, HIPAA, USERRA, COBRA, etc.) as they apply to retirement and health & retirement plans and the ability to apply that knowledge to plan administration and compliance enforcement
- Teamwork skills to build strong relationships with peers, payroll specialists, and outsourced benefits administrators
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization abilities.
- Competent in a variety of communication skills (interpersonal, formal presentation, and conflict resolution) and ability to communicate complex ideas effectively verbally and in writing
Click here to apply
- Ability to focus on details and demonstrate accuracy
- Ability to maintain and adhere to a high level of confidentiality