Compensation Analyst - Irving, TX
Boy Scouts of America
In this role you will provide support for and assist with processing qualitative and quantitative data on jobs, compensation, and employment trends for use in reporting and key decision-making. You will be responsible for assisting HR leadership with the design, implementation, and management of new and revised variable pay programs, policies, and procedures to ensure market competitiveness. This position will work as a member of the Compensation team. This is a permanent full-time position located at the Boy Scouts of America’s national headquarters in Irving, TX. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Education & Experience:
- Reviews and processes transactional requests for pay increases, structure, grade, and title changes. Acts as a resource to managers and employees.
- Assists in the development and implementation of variable pay plans (e.g., merit, annual incentives, bonuses, awards, sales commission, etc.) for salary administration including policy review and pay structure development.
- Assists with annual merit increases and other similar projects by working collaboratively with HRIS, Payroll, and cross functional teams to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Investigates and resolves compensation issues related to wage and salary administration, pay equity, pay competitiveness, job classifications and FLSA designation.
- Performs statistical analysis. Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns with attention to employment and compensation practices. Researches and prepares statistical data reports and presentations for compensation activities.
- Participates in salary surveys using third-party survey data, evaluates survey data to identify market trends and makes recommendations for appropriate actions based on findings. Responds to inquiries from third party-survey vendors on BSA survey submissions.
- Assists in the development and implementation of salary administration and compensation policies and practices.
- Maintains HR data tools integrity by ensuring the accurate and consistent input of data. Performs regular audits and addresses data concerns.
- Coordinates and assists with human resource projects, programs, and special assignments..
- Ensures compliance with federal/states/local laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources or equivalent field from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years of experience performing compensation work including development and administration of compensation programs: benchmarking jobs, determining market pricing, pay structure design and/or implementation, job evaluation and job classification.
- Must have advanced level Microsoft Excel skills with ability to build pivot tables, create complex formulas including V-Lookup and conditional statements.
- Must have strong quantitative, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, with ability to research and analyze various types of data.
- Must have experience using Human Resources Information Systems (e.g., Peoplesoft, Oracle, Lawson, etc.).
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated knowledge of and work experience applying compensation theory and concepts.
Work Conditions / Physical Requirements: Desk Job
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Click here to apply