Sr. Compensation Analyst - Addison, TX
Mary Kay Inc.
Independently contributes to the development, implementation and communication of all compensation programs, policies and procedures that enable the Company to maintain a competitive workforce. Liaises with HR Business Partners to advise management on compensation issues and to help ensure equitable and consistent salary practices. Provides accurate, relevant, and timely information and assistance to internal customers, striving to maintain the highest quality and customer service standards in all areas of responsibility.
- Works closely with leaders and HRBPs as job descriptions are updated/created to ensure job descriptions accurately document job content, scope and specifications. Meets as needed with leaders to ensure clear understanding of job and to obtain additional job information needed for evaluation. Analyzes and evaluates jobs using a global grading system to assign each job a grade and salary range. Collects and analyzes market data on similar jobs to validate evaluations or job level assignments. Resolves difficult job evaluation or salary-related problems and differences of opinion in a tactful and constructive manner.
- Performs special projects, as needed or requested, such as review of shift premium pay practices, developing job titling criteria, creating job family matrices, administering premium pay programs, recommending Compensation philosophies and guidelines, assisting with LTIP administration, etc.
- Participates in salary surveys conducted by third party consultants. Determines Mary Kay job matches by comparing survey and Mary Kay job descriptions and discussing matches with department management and/or HR Business Partners. Uses automated third-party system to prepare survey input data for submission, load survey data results and match survey data to Mary Kay jobs. Makes recommendations regarding which surveys to participate in and/or purchase for the upcoming year.
- Conducts research, analyzes data and monitors market trends to evaluate external competitiveness of compensation programs. Responsible for the annual development, recommendation, implementation, and communication of exempt and/or nonexempt salary structures and merit budgets. Prepares data analysis and recommendations for executive review and approval.
- Administers the annual merit increase and bonus programs utilizing compensation module in HCM system. Works with HR Technology team to ensure that appropriate processes, reports and instructions are developed and tested, data is tested and accurate, users are trained, problems are anticipated and resolved, and that HR and Payroll systems are updated correctly and in a timely manner. Provides summary merit and bonus data and analysis to executive management for review and approval.
- Conducts detailed market studies for departments and/or job families (e.g., Finance, Scientists, etc.) as needed or requested. Compiles and analyzes pay data and forecasts impact and costs of adjustments. Presents results and recommendations to HR Business Partners and management. Implements approved changes.
- Maintains data, tables, and records in HCM system. Extracts data as needed for reports and analyses.
- Conducts departmental audits to update job descriptions and verify that jobs are properly evaluated and compensated. Assists customer department in designing jobs, job families and career paths; conducts necessary research to develop and support recommendations. Recommends compensation adjustments as needed based on analysis of survey findings.
- Monitors compensation practices from a legalistic point of view to ensure compliance with various laws and regulations such as FLSA, Title VII, Equal Pay Act, etc.
- Provides training to supervisors and managers on compensation programs, policies, and procedures.
Education & Experience
Experience: 5+ years
Education: Bachelor/University Degree Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources a plus. Certified Compensation Professional preferred.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and mathematical aptitude to analyze pay data, salary structures and market data, prepare pay recommendations, identify trends, and forecast costs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to interact effectively with employees at all levels, present recommendations, write job descriptions, draft communication summaries and instructions and train others.
- Discretion to deal with sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Interpersonal, communication and customer service skills to work effectively as a business partner with management and other HR team members.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including the use of formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, graphing, etc, to prepare, summarize and analyze data. Proficiency in MS Word to create and update job descriptions and draft communications.
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Click Here to Apply