Compensation Manager - Irving, TX
Caris Life Sciences
Caris Life Sciences is on a mission to help patients, clinicians, researchers and payors navigate, advance and reinvent cancer care. Caris paved the way for precision healthcare in order to help patients and their healthcare providers find the right treatment for cancer and other complex diseases. We provide employees with a distinctive opportunity to work at the leading edge of science and medicine, making an impact in the lives of people daily.
The Compensation Manager is responsible for designing and managing our compensation structure and programs, consistent with Caris’ reward philosophies and the market.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of quality job descriptions.
- Conduct job evaluations and create / maintain a compensation structure.
- Participate in regular Radford compensation surveys; create / refresh internal salary ranges based on interpretation of survey data
- Analyze compensation data and present it in a way that informs business decisions (e.g. annual review budget recommendations, pay equity reviews, market trend analyses)
- Prepare stock option grant lists for Board meetings.
- Review FLSA classifications.
- Consult with HR and Talent Acquisition teams on offers / pay adjustment requests.
Education & Experience:
Preferred Education, Experience, or Skills:
- 5 + years of experience in compensation.
- Excel expert with substantial experience in data analytics.
- Demonstrated experience in job evaluation, benchmarking, compensation structure design and overall pay practices.
- Conditions of Employment: Individual must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes criminal background check, drug screening and reference verification. Also, individual must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based jobs, if not currently employed by Caris Life Sciences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or Finance
- Experience with Radford methodologies and tools
- Experience/familiarity with equity plans
- Experience with Workday
- Ability to learn new computer software
Work Conditions / Physical Requirements:
Core Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to self-manage, working independently and as part of a team
- Accuracy of work / attention to detail
- Ability to organize, interpret and present data effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Possesses a high degree of flexibility, accountability, and responsibility.
- Excellent planning, organizational, multi-tasking skills and problem solving, with strong decision-making capability.
- Ability to professionally and appropriately handle confidential information.
- Communication – Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive and incorporate information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results. Ability to ‘tell a story’ with data.
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Stakeholder management – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding stakeholder needs. Ability to adjust approach and style as needed.
- Position will be office based (however, there is some flexibility and the position may temporarily require some working from home due to space constraints)
- Willingness to work overtime when needed.
- Job may require after-hours response to emergency issues.
- Weekends/Evenings/Holidays - rarely
- Employee may be required to lift heavy supplies; may weigh up to 25 pounds (including office supplies).
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to be in front of a computer screen the majority of the work day.
- Must possess ability to perform repetitive motion.
- Majority of work is performed in a desk/cubicle environment.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Click Here to Apply