Compensation Consulting Manager, Public Sector - Dallas, TX
Manages public sector classification and compensation projects by coordinating staff and other resources to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of projects results; assists in developing new business opportunities.
Perform work in the development and delivery of classification and compensation related projects:
- Analyze existing classification and compensation systems to assess opportunities for change
- Collaborate with clients to establish goals for project deliverables
- Oversee the collection and analysis of data utilizing quantitative and qualitative methods
Facilitate and/or execute the major tasks related to a typical classification and compensation study:
- Job analysis, job title review, career ladders or leveling, FLSA review, and job evaluation in compliance with the Equal Pay Act
- Market assessment of base pay, pay policy, and benefits, includes distribution of custom survey to peer organizations, job matching, and applying necessary data adjustments
- Development of new or update of existing pay structure(s), determine appropriate methodology for establishing grade assignments, running a regression analysis, and working with clients to address outliers in the data.
- Overseeing job description development and/or updates
- Preparing and reviewing implementation scenarios and costing analysis
- Provide training to clients to ensure ability to administer and maintain the delivery classification and compensation system
- Prepare and be able to present final reports and recommendations to appointed and elected officiations
Staff and Project management:
- Manage projects from initiation to closure to include tracking progress against project budget and timeline, providing status reports to project team and clients, interpreting project contracts and scope changes.
- Manage assigned tools and resources, and staff to ensure work efficiency standards are met or exceeded; includes coaching, feedback, and performance management.
- Establish project deadlines; schedule and oversee work assignments.
- Maintain templates and project documentation, ensure proper documentation is administered per project
- Provide responsive customer service
- Make recommendations on internal hiring, performance, training, promotions, and scheduling of work assignments
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with coursework in human resources management or development, public administration, business administration, finance, or related field
- Possession of a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Five (5) years hands-on compensation experience; public sector experience is a plus
- Excel expert with substantial experience in data analytics; experience with Microsoft 365 Apps preferred
- Demonstrated experience with job analysis, benchmarking, compensation structure design, and pay practices
- Ability to self-manage, provide exceptional client service, display appropriate ethical compensation knowledge, and exhibit a commitment to the quality and the timely completion of projects
Click here to apply
You can also email email@example.com or call 940-368-3033