Senior Compensation Analyst - Arlington, TX
The University of Texas at Arlington
Implements and administers compensation policies and programs, recommending solutions or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems. Functions as a consultant to management of assigned departments to support all compensation business needs. May assist or lead compensation projects as assigned.
1. Functions as consultant to management of assigned departments providing analysis and support on departmental reorganizations, job reclassifications, development of new job descriptions, and pay related decisions for new hires, promotions, market adjustments, and internal equity adjustments.
2. Reviews reclassification requests and requests for new positions which includes gathering job analysis information, reviewing external market data, reviewing internal comparisons, and recommending grade/range, title and FLSA status. Ensures internal equity and external competitiveness with all recommendations/decisions.
3. Conducts compensation studies to include, but not limited to, internal equity reviews, performing cost analyses for salary adjustments, ad-hoc surveys, analyzing market trends, and developing recommendations based on findings.
4. Assist clients with drafting job descriptions for new positions and/or revises current position descriptions. Maintains documentation on all jobs within assigned area including job descriptions, organizational charts, and relevant market data.
5. Assist with the review and analysis of requests that impact employee positions (i.e., salary adjustments, promotions, reclassifications, etc.)
6. Creates and delivers presentations and training on compensation related subjects.
7. Utilizes HR systems to create new job codes, run reports and queries to perform research.
Performs other duties assigned and assist other functional areas in Human Resources as needed.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Accounting or related field and 3-5 years of experience in a compensation role OR equivalent work experience. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Education, Experience, or skills:
Strong background in statistics and compensation. Experience with FLSA laws and regulations and basic employment law. Excellent MS Excel skills and ability to create comparative charts and graphs. Experience with PeopleSoft. PHR, SPHR and/or CCP a plus.
Work Conditions / Physical Requirements:
Work in standard office conditions; currently exercising a hybrid work model (i.e., 3 days in the office, 2 days remote work).
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full-Time
How to Apply:Click Here to Apply