Total Rewards Manager - Oklahoma City, OK
City of Oklahoma City
Annual salary is dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
The city provides an excellent benefits package.
First resume review: Friday, September 2, 2022.
The City of Oklahoma City serves approximately 681,054 residents in a four (4) county, 621 square mile area. Twenty-two (22) City departments provide a wide array of municipal services and programs. Additionally, municipal trusts play a significant role in the operations of major facilities and services.
The city is recruiting for a Total Rewards Manager to join the team! This position reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer and will manage four programs for the city: Class and Compensation, the Employee Medical Center, Health and Welfare Benefits, and the Retirement Savings Program.
- Develop and recommend strategies and programs which support the achievement of Company objectives with regard to compensation programs.
- Build, implement, and maintain a job analysis and documentation process that enables the assessment of internal equity and provides the foundation for pay management.
- Analyze and update compensation infrastructure such as job classifications, job hierarchies, competitive benchmarking, and pay ranges.
- Advise and recommend to management the annual compensation budget requirements and cost analysis.
- Develop compensation administration policies, procedures, and processes that are easily managed.
- Perform audits and provide reports which monitor compensation practices to ensure consistent administration and compliance with compensation policies and applicable laws.
- Strengthen communication and education to both management and employees on the link between performance achievement and reward practices. Train and provide advice and guidance to HR managers in the effective use of the compensation programs.
- Assist in the design of variable pay programs that support business strategy and provide a greater link between performance and pay.
- Facilitate and coordinate the annual merit, bonus, and other incentive processes.
Education & Experience:
Key areas of focus for the new Total Rewards Manager include providing job analysis and salary administration services to City departments with job classifications and descriptions; ensuring the accuracy of the organizational pay structure for recruiting and retaining a diverse, inclusive and high performing workforce; integrating the Employee Medical Center into health insurance plan design; developing an Employee Wellness Program; increasing participation in the disease management program; identifying and implementing cost-saving health plan changes for employees and retirees; effectively communicating educational programs; and addressing overall health and wellness needs.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading the design and evolution of a total rewards program, aligning with strategic objectives, market competitiveness, and with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens to attract and retain a qualified, diverse, and inclusive workforce. Experience selecting and implementing new classification, compensation, and benefits management tools and systems is preferred for this role.
Preferred Education, Experience, or Skills:
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management, Human Resources, or another related field. A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in classification, compensation, benefits planning, analysis, and administration, as well as supporting a workforce of employees and retirees in an organization of similar size, scope, and complexity to that of the City of Oklahoma City is required. Preferred licenses and certifications include Certified Benefits Professional (CBP), Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS), or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP).
How to Apply:Click Here to Apply