Sr. Compensation Analyst - Dallas, TX
The Salvation Army
In consultation with the Divisional Human Resources Director and Territorial Compensation Director, serves as the technical resource for the Division with regard to job and compensation analysis as well as the day-to-day administration of compensation decisions. Provides job classification and compensation recommendations in accordance with established practices, policy and employment regulations. Serves as a resource to management in developing/revising job descriptions and when hiring, reclassifying or promoting employees by providing guidance on best pay practices. Ensures the Divisions compensation records are maintained in a state of audit-readiness. Serves as the Project Leader for the Annual Performance and Compensation Review Process. Develops and conducts compensation training and presentations of compensation information for divisional leaders and human resources staff.
- Knowledge of the modern principles and practices of human resources management and specifically compensation administration and performance management systems.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of general business administration.
- Ability to apply independent judgment in making decisions and resolving problems with limited supervision.
- Ability to objectively evaluate positions utilizing point-factor analysis.
- Ability to write accurate and thorough job descriptions to capture to full scope and level of work involved in a particular job.
- Ability to create a variety of analytical reports and the presentation of data using Excel including the ability to effectively use mathematical formulas required for compensation calculations and analysis.
- Ability to interpret and enforce established policies and procedures regarding compensation administration in order to maintain fairness and equity in pay practices.
- Ability to prepare and conduct informative presentations regarding current and proposed pay practices.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with Divisional Headquarters Department Heads and Command level Leaders and Human Resources Staff.
- Ability to effectively interview employees and management to identify critical job-related information relevant to developing an accurate job description and fair and competitive salary grade.
- Ability to serve as technical resource for compensation management best practices and decisions.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or a closely related field,
- Five years’ progressively responsible human resources work experience is required with demonstration of job analysis and job description writing skills, and compensation administration, analysis, and reporting or Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Licenses and Certifications: Valid State Driver’s License
Preferred Education, Experience, or Skills:
Certified Compensation Professional
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full-Time
How to Apply:Click Here To Apply