Compensation Specialist - Dallas, TX
Assists in developing, implementing, and administering Johnstone’s compensation plans to attract, retain, and engage employees. Compiles compensation and other HR data to produce actionable reports
- Benchmark total compensation and provide leadership information regarding direct and indirect compensation trends that may impact recruitment and retention programs. Supports compensation plan design processes through scenario planning and data modeling.
- Maintains the company’s competitive pay grade salary structures for each market area. Analyzes market trends, company structures, compa-ratios and recommends updates.
- Participates in relevant salary studies by providing, collecting, and submitting company compensation data.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence and recommends competitive compensation ranges for each position. Utilizes competitive market data and knowledge of internal position scope of responsibilities to recommend job classifications.
- Supports budgeting processes by researching compensation trends, analyzing incumbent compensation against internal and external ranges, and recommending adjustments. Provides information to the Finance team and department leaders to support budgeting processes.
- Ensure position and compensation data is accurate in the HRIS by updating the Payroll department.
- Supports incentive payment and merit increase processes by calculating eligibility levels based on plan parameters and managing workflow to obtain manager input and appropriate approval processes. Oversees communication processes to ensure employees are aware of incentive payments and/or compensation adjustments.
- Performs pay equity, FLSA, and other analyses to ensure compensation practices comply with current market regulations. Makes recommendations to resolve any issues identified.
- Compiles data to produce regular and ad hoc reporting for leadership, including staffing levels, turnover, benefits plan utilization, retirement plan metrics, incentive projections, and other data to support strategic initiatives.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Human Resources or related discipline (e.g., compensation administration, design, and strategy, or other related field); at least three years of Compensation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of job analysis and job evaluation systems and processes
- Knowledge of compensation administration principles and methodologies
- General knowledge of business financial principles
- Knowledge of common HR metrics and Key Performance Indicators
- General knowledge of employment laws and regulations related to compensation and benefits, including ERISA, IRS, DOL, FLSA
- Ability to use and leverage compensation modules within an HRIS, ADP, or equivalent system
- Ability to use MS Office applications; strong Excel skills required
Process Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform research and gather pertinent data for decision-making purposes
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and quantitative analyses
- Ability to recognize inconsistencies in information (ability to attend to details)
- Ability to develop and use systems for organizing and keeping track of information
- Ability to create and follow standardized procedures and templates
Communication Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Preferred Education, Experience, or Skills:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to establish positive and productive relationships with others.
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full-Time
How to Apply:
Click Here To Apply