Executive Compensation Sr. Manager
$120-130k compensation hiring range
Dallas, TX (Plano)
Applicants can apply to Chris Lecocke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The Executive Compensation Senior Manager leads, manages and administers JCPenney's executive compensation strategy. Candidate should demonstrate mastery of Executive Compensation for public companies. Candidate possesses strong ability to influence and navigate through ambiguity. Strong EQ and charisma are vital in this highly visible role. Reports to the Director, Compensation at JCPenney’s Home Office.
- Leads the strategy, development and coordination of Compensation Committee materials.
- Exhibits extensive awareness and knowledge of executive compensation conditions, including current and future trends, ongoing legislation affecting executive compensation, and monitor applicable SEC, accounting and tax regulations to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Influences senior leadership and makes recommendations that drive outstanding talent retention and acquisition at the executive level.
- Conduct ad-hoc compensation analyses and research projects. Identifies and seeks multiple data-points to evaluate and assess effectiveness of executive compensation programs. Evaluate executive positions and develop appropriate compensation recommendations.
- Exhibits strong familiarity with tax rules and financial regulations relevant to executive compensation (162m, 409A, ISS, Glass-Lewis, 280G, etc).
- Assist with the completion of the proxy statement, 10-K, footnote disclosures and other ad-hoc reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Collaborate with internal partners, including Legal, Tax, Accounting, Finance and Payroll. Provides guidance on executive compensation programs to HR partners.
- Oversee the global stock plan administration for JCPenney.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Possesses a minimum of eight (8) years of compensation experience at a large public company; specializations in executive compensation highly preferred.
- Consulting background is highly preferred
- Project Management skills required.
- Candidate can demonstrate strong knowledge and fundamental understanding of executive compensation design and technical expertise in total rewards strategy.
- Knowledge of IRS and SEC laws governing executive compensation required.
- Must possess strong analytical and quantitative skills, including knowledge of accounting principles.