For more information and to apply please visit us here: http://www.schw.jobs/tp/rj6.EGCyc-e-K
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Corporate and Incentive Compensation organization leads the design, implementation, and administration of Schwab's broad-based and enterprise aligned incentive plans. We champion the firm's Total Rewards strategy and Pay for Performance philosophy, and partner on a daily basis with decision makers at all levels of the firm to help ensure our compensation solutions effectively attract, retain, and motive our industry's very best talent.
As a Manager, Compensation, you will partner with team members, Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) and business leaders to provide analytical compensation support on various compensation programs, processes, and systems. You will report to the Managing Director, Corporate and Incentive Compensation.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with team members and business partners regarding compensation programs that will drive business results.
- Understand the needs of the team, and partner and develop compensation solutions and associated communication materials.
- Collaborate and lead aspects of program/process design, implementation, improvement and ongoing administration of broad-based compensation initiatives. Examples include market pricing, survey management, annual pay planning process, various compensation analyses and administration.
- Craft and develop formal support materials and facilitate ongoing training to HRBPs on pay policies, practices, and systems.
- Work with team members to manage ongoing competitive benchmarking process for assigned client organizations, and advise business partners on multiple considerations when determining salary and bonus recommendations.
- Monitor and analyze external and internal competitive environment to assess market trends, best practices and proactively assess implications.
- Manage projects and program execution through development of a project plan identifying key milestones and deliverables. May function as project lead requiring that milestone and deliverables be met.
- Work collaboratively with members of the broader compensation team to ensure consistency of methods and applications. Provide project leadership within the broader compensation team.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws governing compensation and incentive practices.
What you have:
- 5+ years of compensation experience in a large and complex corporate environment preferred.
- Experience supporting corporate functions strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics or Math preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service to business partners.
- Ability to demonstrate strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications including: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access.
- Experience with Workday or SaaS preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to identify and solve problems creatively, and think beyond immediate consequences..
- Flexibility to work in ambiguous situations
- Ability to exercise independent judgement with appropriate follow up to business partners.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.