For more information and to apply please visit us here: http://www.schw.jobs/tp/rj6.W9wNI-e_K
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As a Sr. Manager, Compensation, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate broad-based compensation programs design, strong technical skills, business acumen, and service-oriented consultation. The Corporate and Incentive Compensation organization leads the design, implementation, and administration of Schwab's broad-based and enterprise aligned incentive plans. We champion the firm's Total Rewards strategy and Pay for Performance philosophy, and partner on a daily basis with decision makers at all levels of the firm to help ensure our compensation solutions effectively attract, retain, and motive our industry's very best talent.
In this role, you will partner with business leaders and HRBPs to provide strategic consulting and analytical support on base and variable compensation plan design as well as different compensation programs, processes, and systems. You will report to the Managing Director, Corporate and Incentive Compensation.
What you’ll do:
- Advise the business on compensation plans/programs that help drive business results. As the business’ Compensation consultant, understand the needs of the business, partner to develop compensation strategies, solutions and associated communications.
- Manage company-wide compensation programs, processes, policy, systems, tools, analysis, reporting, communications and education.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing administration of base salary, compensation structures, market pricing methodology and standards, short-term incentive programs and the annual focal salary increase process.
- Provide guidance and facilitate ongoing training to HR and business leaders on pay policies, practices, and systems. This may include the crafting and development of formal supporting materials.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws governing compensation and incentive practices.
- Manage ongoing competitive benchmarking process for assigned client organizations and consult on salary and bonus management.
- Conduct competitive market analysis on an ad-hoc or enterprise wide basis
- Lead and facilitate presentations and discussions relative to all matters of compensation and program design, analysis, reporting.
- Monitor and analyze external and internal competitive environment to assess market trends, best practices and proactively assess implications.
- Manage projects and program execution through development of project plan identifying key milestones and deliverables. May function as project lead requiring that milestone and deliverables be met.
- Mentors others as needed.
- Work collaboratively with members of the broader compensation team to ensure consistency of methods and applications.
- Provide project leadership within the broader compensation team.
What you have:
- 8+ years compensation experience within a large (10,000 employees+) and complex corporate environment preferred.
- Broad-based and incentive plan design experience, Financial Services industry strongly desired.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics or Math preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated consulting and leadership skills, including ability to make decisions to ensure effective achievement of objectives.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service to our business partners; ability to collaborate within and outside the HR team.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Experience with Access DB preferred.
- Experience with Workday or SaaS preferred.
- Experience in incentive plan design within financial services preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Identifies and solves problems creatively; ability to think beyond immediate consequences.
- Apply independent judgment with follow-up to business partners to determine the direction of assignments
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.