The Total Compensation Consultant is responsible for the design, implementation and delivery of compensation programs, tools and services within assigned client areas. The Compensation Consultant consults with HR Business Services and System leaders regarding compensation issues and works to identify a resolution that is within the established compensation strategy and aligned to the business objectives. In addition, the Compensation Consultant has responsibility to:
* Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies and guidelines, ensuring that they are competitive, cost effective, aligned with and supportive of the System’s business strategy.
* Design, implement and manage compensation programs and tools that support attraction, retention and motivation of a high quality and high performing workforce.
* Perform regular internal audits and external studies to ensure internal equity and external competitiveness of the System’s compensation practices through strategic monitoring of business conditions, legal requirements, economic environment and competitive practices within the health care industry.
* Serve as primary compensation contact with assigned departments to provide advice, direction, and guidance on broadly defined compensation matters.
* Review and evaluate compensation programs to ensure they are in compliance with wage and hour laws, minimum wage, FLSA, and other state and federal compensation regulations.
* Serves as the compensation lead or subject matter expert on projects or initiatives within assigned client areas that requires partnership with HR business services, business leaders, Finance and other areas as required to ensure successful outcomes of the project or initiative.
The ideal candidate for the Total Compensation Consultant role will have the following attributes
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills and decision-making skills.
* Experience with compensation strategies and processes.
* Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with team members at all levels
* Well-developed organization and prioritization skills
* Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and/or documentation.
Other key details for the position are as follows:
* Location/Facility – Irving,TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
* Specialty/Department/Practice – Human Resources
* Shift/Schedule -Full time
* Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
* 4-6 years of associated with progressive responsibility
Contact: Annette Munoz