At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That's why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job:
The Compensation Analyst position will assist in the day-to-day administration of employee compensation programs. The functions includes, but not limited to, assisting in the administration of the annual bonus and merit processes, performing job analysis review and provide recommendations, responding to annual salary surveys, assisting with the annual salary structure movement and updating salary ranges as well as maintaining the compensation functions within Workday. This role serves as a subject matter expert.
- Conducts analytical data work, job analysis work and prepare recommendations using compensation techniques, methods.
- Benchmarks base salary, incentive and salary compensation programs, ensuring the corporation's competitive position.
- Delivers consultative compensation / pay support to the business and coordinates activities to ensure equitable compensation practices.
- Assists in planning, communication, and administration of the annual bonus process.
- Assists in the planning, communication, and administration of the annual merit process for the exempt, hourly, non-exempt population.
- Respond to and/or complete salary surveys as needed. Assist with the annual salary structure movement. Assist with developing and updating annual salary ranges (by division) into Workday.
- Responsible for the maintenance of compensation tables within Workday (job profiles, salary range, bonus template, merit plans, etc.).
- Ongoing maintenance in Workday with compensation functions such as job code table, salary ranges, scorecards, templates, etc.
- Conduct audits of Compensation related data in Workday. Update the system to reflect appropriate changes and/or communicate needed changes to HR.
- Conduct Minimum Wage and FLSA audits to ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state wage & hour laws by monitoring, interpreting, and implementing updates. Act as a consultant for the HR Department on matters such as FLSA compliance and minimum wage policies.
- Perform ad hoc compensation, benefits and budget analysis as requested by business units.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in the field of compensation, especially in administering various compensation programs (job evaluation and analysis, compensation legal compliance, salary survey participation, other similar experience).
- This role requires solid knowledge of compensation administration, legislation and compliance. This role relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- This position relies on effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- This position requires a significant amount of organization and the ability to multi-task.
- This position requires strong analytics skills with the ability to find trends in large sets of compensation data.
- Advanced skills in Excel including ability to use vlookups, complex formula,s and other advances functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. Experience with Workday is a plus.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org