Looking for career opportunities, an employer who develops their people, a place to make your mark? If so, we are looking for you. MEI Rigging & Crating is a professional machinery moving company. We are a leader in our field and we provide quality machinery moving services to our clients ranging from Automotive, Social Media, and Aerospace companies to every industry in between. MEI Rigging & Crating is known in the industry for our professionalism, safety focus, quality methods, and skilled team. We are committed to ensuring that our clients can provide their services to the communities that we live in. Our people are our best asset and we invest in training, support, and we promote from within. If you are looking to be a part of a great team, please apply!
For Immediate Consideration: Please respond to Tiffany.Bonker@meillc.com
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Serving as the Benefits & Compensation Manager and as part of MEI's Corporate Administration within the HR department s/he will be responsible for a wide range of HR operational functions in support of MEI Rigging & Crating regional office locations with specific support for benefits and compensation programs and administration.
- Administration of all insured, fringe and Retirement benefit programs
- Insured programs (new hires, changes and separations processing for all health & welfare programs)
- Fringe benefits (FSA, HSA, Time Off, Allowances, etc.)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Administration of Leave of Absence, both Federal and State mandated Leaves.
- Conduct new employee, status change and open enrollment benefit orientation including administering of enrollments either in person or through On-line benefit enrollment system.
- Administer benefit enrollments/changes via carrier Employer Portals and/or thru HRMS carrier connectivity.
- Answer employee benefit related questions, address concerns or needed clarification, including working with benefits brokers for claims resolution as needed.
- Assist with the roll out of new benefit programs, plans, employee education meetings and feedback surveys.
- Review and reconcile monthly benefit invoicing within monthly deadlines.
- Actively participates in benefit Plan renewal activities including benefits information and statistical and census data for benefit consultants, evaluate proposed benefit cost share strategies and structure, recommending short- and long-term benefit program strategies.
- Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information. Plan, develop and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review.
- Incorporate approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents and other media for communicating plans to employees. Conduct employee meetings and arrange for enrollment.
- Manage and administer set ups of approved new or changes to existing benefit plans within HRMS.
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan documents as required. Instruct insurance carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefits program. Ensure prompt and accurate compliance.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies.
- Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- Actively participate in annual 401(k) Plan audits, Year End testing and 5500 filings.
Compensation and Recognition:
- Conduct wage and compensation surveys and market analysis; assist in development of company wide compensation programs & matrices.
- Facilitation of recognition & award programs, from development to execution.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance.
- Provide advice to managers on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Develop techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Administers the participation in, conducts and/or purchases exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure compensation program objectives are achieved.
- Keep apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Active member of the Human Resources team in supporting, defining, creating, establishing and promoting all main functions associated with Human Resources to include recruitment and hiring, benefits & compensation, training and development and employee and manager advisory and support.
- Work on problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Position reports to CHRO and will require minimal travel to regional offices as needed, such as for open enrollment and or compensation program implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business or equivalent in related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in Human Resources at a managerial level in benefits, compensation or HR generalist.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience working within HRMS systems.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience with benefits and compensation program development, implementation and administration.
- Minimum of one (1) years' experience with compensation benchmarking processes and administration.
- Certified Compensation and/or Benefits Professional (CCP and or CEBS) credential.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) credentials.
- Must confidentially demonstrate conduct that reflects MEI's Mission and Values as well as appropriate levels of discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written, verbal and presentation), facilitation, project management and integration skills.
- Demonstrated abilities working as a site-specific professional, in a multi-site, multi-state organization.
- Demonstrated abilities comfortably and effectively support other areas of Human Resources as needed.
- Possess positive and professional demeanor in support of company human resources and MEI culture.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Applications and HRMS software, preferably ADP.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Standard office environment including work at a computer terminal. Work involves extended periods of sitting, occasional walking and lifting up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a highly functioning team environment. Display the highest levels of honesty, integrity and professionalism. Take pride in your work and in the company. Communicate openly and strive for peak performance in daily tasks. Know and deliver the quality service MEI's customers have come to expect.
This job description is intended to summarize the type and level of work performed by the incumbent and is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
For Immediate Consideration: Please respond to Tiffany.Bonker@meillc.com
Compensation: Up to $120,000