Compensation Analyst - Dallas, TX
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the research, design, and implementation of total compensation programs for U.S. and global entities within Freeman. Works with managerial staff to develop internal comparisons and external market data related to new and existing jobs within the company. Ensures compliance with local, state, federal and international laws governing compensation practices. Actively participates in the design, analysis, administration, analysis and communication of compensation programs.
- Ensures consistent, equitable, and market reflective application of company compensation philosophy while balancing unique regional and company specific regulations and practices.
- Participates in local and national salary surveys and analyzes results to determine organization's market position relative to other companies.
- Partners with all levels of management to write, review, and revise job descriptions. Researches unique jobs using the internet, job posting sites, and market survey resources.
- Conducts market analysis to determine appropriate salary level according to internal compensation guidelines external market comparisons.
- Develops salary structures and recommendations to adjust salary structures in response to changing organizational needs and market competitiveness.
- Reviews proposals for new or revised FLSA classifications to determine appropriate status.
- Administers the annual merit and bonus process to ensure compliance with pay for performance.
- Works closely with the HR managers and recruiters to resolve compensation related issues in the field or corporate offices.
- Reviews proposed salary and bonus actions to ensure compliance with established guidelines and policies and to ensure internal equity.
- Researches country-specific compensation practices and programs using a combination of external consultants and third-party survey sources.
- Works closely with human resources, finance, payroll, sales, and operations (at all Freeman companies) to design and administer compensation programs.
- Uses analytical and quantitative techniques to prepare regular, periodic analyses of pay practices, compensation actions, raises, promotions, etc.
- Monitors compliance with local, state/province, federal and international laws governing minimum wage, exemption tests, and all compensation related issues.
- Supports effective usage of existing and new systems by participating in SAP upgrades, maintenance of data, and evaluation of existing processes for automation.
- Collaborates with HRIS/IT on system improvement or development projects that directly or indirectly support Compensation's strategic and tactical objectives.
- Audits job, position, and grade level data within SAP to ensure accuracy, state worker’s compensation compliance and /federal EEO compliance.
- Provides technical and analytical support through the use of sharepoint sites, microsoft applications, Success Factors and SAP.
- Works with the payroll, benefits and IT teams to design and develop annual static Total Rewards Statements for the prior year and to develop virtual Total Rewards Statements for the current year.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to management on compensation related matters.
- Serves as consultant on major compensation programs/initiatives, working closely with leaders in other departments and companies within Freeman
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 2 or more years experience in compensation.
- Large company experience with multiple locations and multiple states required. International experience preferred.
- Expert-skill level for Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Success Factors preferred. Ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
- Willingness to question status quo to improve processes and procedures
- Experience in compensation design, development and administration preferred.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment skills
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Click Here to Apply