Compensation Accounting Specialist - Dallas, TX
- Records accounting journal entries related to all aspects HFC’s payroll and benefits including stock expense, dividend accruals, re-classes and stock vesting.
- Answers questions from compensation related departments, award recipients, and employees regarding a variety of compensation accounting related questions such as grant terms, vesting, bonus, payroll, etc.
- Maintains account reconciliations for payroll related accounts including stock reconciliations.
- Performs general accounting activities for compensation and benefits accounting.
- Acts as the point of contact for compensation accounting related questions.
- Tracks stock shares and units outstanding on a regular basis to include, but not limited to, reconciling to the transfer agent (EQ) and tracking of shares available under the compensation program
- Calculates new grant decisions setting up the liability as well as uploading files to Shareworks.
- Ensures compliance with the Company’s Accounting Policies and Procedures for compensation accounting issues to ensure Controller’s department is in compliance with GAAP and other relevant government controls, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Maintains the reconciliation of share available for use, treasury stock and cash equivalent grant for international recipients.
- Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their superior, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
Education & Experience:
A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive experience in general accounting. A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, and Finance or related discipline.
Preferred Education Experience or Skills
- Five (5) years of Oil & Gas industry experience.
- SAP experience
- Stock plan accounting experience is preferred but not required.
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Click here to apply