Location: McKinney, TX
Pay range: up to $70K plus bonus and excellent benefits
if interested, apply here: https://srsdistribution.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/SRS/job/McKinney-TX/Compensation---Benefits-Analyst_REQ1481
Compensation & Benefits Analyst
SRS is hiring a Compensation & Benefits Analyst in our Human Resources Department. This is a new position due to our growth. The experienced Analyst will be responsible for all of the compensation programs and administer our benefits, while acting as the liaison with our vendors.
SRS Distribution Inc. has the strongest national network of independent roofing distributors with the most talented team of people working together to deliver the industry's best products and services. In addition to our commitment to customer focus, SRS strives to become the preferred employer in the industry with highly motivated and engaged employees operating in an entrepreneurial culture where the corporate office works for the field and not the reverse. This continual growth has established SRS as one of the fastest growing building products distribution companies in the U.S. SRS is a private company sponsored by Berkshire Partners LLC. and led by a management team of industry veterans. Find out more at www.srsdistribution.com.
SRS believes in hiring military veterans at any level for any position. We know your service trained you in many of the areas we value, such as; leadership, teamwork, performance, integrity, and safety. If your experience matches our requirements, we want you to apply today.
1. Compensation Administration
· Responsible for administering the Company’s approved Compensation Programs to include:
o Base Wage Program
o Annual Incentive Programs
o Performance Based Incentive Programs
· Assist in conducting annual compensation benchmarking studies to ensure SRS is paying market competitive wages
· Ensure all positions are properly classified under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
· Assist with establishing Job Descriptions, Pay Grades, Pay Levels, etc. for all positions
· Develop and maintain all Compensation Plan Documents / Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs)
· Assist with the development and reporting of HR metrics
· Analyze existing and proposed programs, policies and practices to ensure they are compliant, competitive, and cost effective
· Reviews salary adjustments to ensure actions are within established guidelines and policies
· Assist with the preparation of Compensation Committee materials
· Generate ad hoc compensation reports by utilizing Workday, Excel, and Access.
2. Benefits Administration
· Administer the Company’s Health & Welfare Plans as well as Qualified Retirement Plan
· Acting company liaison to all benefit service providers, carriers, etc.
· Facilitate the delivery of data files to benefit service providers weekly; including error resolution, updating, auditing & testing files as needed
· Responsible for facilitating Annual Open Enrollment to include leading communication approach, employee meetings, HRIS set-up, etc.
· Provides support to employees and partner with carriers on an as needed basis
· Point-person for COBRA Administration
· Administer annual 401k Non-Discrimination Testing Process
· Responsible for ensuring all Form 5500s are prepared in accordance with IRS regulations
3. Additional Responsibilities
· Provides analytics and ad-hoc reports for all compensation, benefit and Federal & State regulatory requirements and for internal use
· Prepares and files annual EEO-1 reporting
· Develop and maintain all Compensation & Benefit Plan Documents / Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs)
· Proactively identifies areas for opportunity and recommends solutions for continual improvements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
· Working knowledge of compensation and benefit plan design
· Knowledge of all applicable Federal & State regulations pertaining to employer compensation & benefit practices.
· Advanced interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
· Strong customer service focus
· Excellent planning and prioritization, problem solving, and business partnering skills
· Ability to influence and successfully implement organizational changes
- Bachelor's degree in Business from an accredited University/College with an emphasis in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance or a similar area of study
- Minimum of 5 years of experience administering compensation & benefits programs for a large multi-state organization
- Experience working with HR systems preferably Workday, but will consider similar systems if you can learn quickly
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office Products (MS-Word, Outlook, Access & PowerPoint)
- Advanced user of MS-Excel required
- CCP/CBP/CEBS Certification preferred but not required
- Embrace the mindset of the “Make Money and Have Fun!” culture
- Be eligible to work in the United States for any company, and for any length of time, without sponsorship.
- Pass both a background check and pre-employment drug test
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, SRS Distribution Inc. provides job opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, familial or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws. All candidates for employment must successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and background verification before employment is finalized.