Compensation and Benefits Manager - Grand Prairie, TX
Compensation: $80,000 - $90,000
Company: Airbus Helicopters
National Recruitment Business Partner
Airbus in America
Must apply via the following career site to be considered: https://airbushelicopters.applicantpro.com/jobs/657730.html
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, Airbus generated revenues of 64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
Airbus is a shareholder of the missile systems provider MBDA, a major partner in the Eurofighter consortium and owns a 50% stake in ATR, the turboprop aircraft maker, and Airbus Safran Launchers, the Ariane launcher manufacturer.
Airbus is a leading global manufacturer of Commercial Aircraft comprising highly successful families of aircraft ranging from 100 to over 600 seats. In Defense and Space, Airbus is a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft as well as space systems, equipment and services. In Helicopters, Airbus is the world's No. 1 civil and parapublic helicopter manufacturer offering the world's widest range of civil and military helicopters.
The Compensation & Benefits Manager is responsible for implementing, maintaining, administering and communicating cost effective, competitive and proactive compensation and benefit plans and programs consistent with the business and HR strategy to attract, motivate and retain a high performing organization. This position serves as internal expert on compensation and benefits and related compliance.
- Administer the company health and welfare benefits ensuring compliance.
- Support employee health benefit plan design changes and renewals with vendors.
- Handles day-to-day administration on retirement plans, ensuring compliance and company match/ discretionary contribution
- Direct COBRA Administration
- Review and pay benefit vendors/ plan administrators. Administrator monthly benefit invoices. Update internal stakeholders quarterly of actual spend to budget
- Plan and implement benefits open enrolment process in coordination with Airbus
- Researches complex benefit plan issues with appropriate parties. Identifies and recommends alternative approach/solutions. Develops actions to resolve. Documents project
- Collects, reviews, and analyses plan data, vendor reports and internal reports. Summarizes findings, creates reports, and provides recommendations
- Retiree support for retirees employed prior to 1992 merger, process annual Medicare supplement purchase, invoice retirees for their portion of the cost
- Interpret company policy/ procedure/ process related to benefits
- Manage compensation structure in coordination with Head of Compensation and Benefits
- Conduct the annual compensation planning cycles, providing expert counsel on the design, development and administration of compensation programs, salary structures. Coordinate with Head of Compensation & Benefits for BIV and Executive level positions
- Administer the job evaluation process, review and approve job descriptions, establish job specifications, job classification and salary grades and conducts periodic review. To include salary adjustment, promotion and job offer analysis and preparation. Coordinate with Head of Compensation & Benefits for BIV and Executive level positions
- FLSA Compliance Review and approve changes in wages or salary conformance to organization policy and regulatory compliance
- Administer corporate compensation programs
- Insure the compliance of all compensation and benefit programs with Federal and State requirements
- Provides technical/ subject matter expertise, counsel and guidance to management and HR team in the area of compensation and benefits
- Interpret company policy/ procedure/ process related to compensation
Other support: 15%
- AHI designated rep to workers compensation providing guidance to employees
- Participate in compensation and benefit surveys
- Manage monthly reporting for headcount (EEDB and Pulse), annual reporting (ACA, 5500)
- Documents process and procedure in the Compensation and Benefits function
- Reviews, advises and updates internal policies and procedures, and plan documents
- Expatriation Management to include support for secondment transfers, local + agreements, coordination of allowances, support to Payroll for PwC Tax processing. Coordinate with Airbus US Global Mobility Manager for alignment
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years' experience in HR with at least 4 years as a lead subject matter expert focused on compensation and benefit.
- Experience administering Compensation & Benefits for a US Government Contractor preferred.
- Experience in compensation administration and compensation data analysis. Prefer experience with HAY/ Mercer for job evaluations.
- Specific expertise and practical hands-on experience establishing and maintaining fully compliant retirement plans and health and welfare plans. Experience within a controlled group structure preferred. Demonstrated experience effectively correcting compliance and plan operations/administrative processes is essential.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. employment and benefit laws and regulations and compliance standards and initiatives under the EEOC, IRS, DOL, OFCCP, OSHA, FLSA, HIPPA, COBRA, and ERISA.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective result-oriented problem solving skills to include exceptional negotiation and facilitation skills
- Engaged, collaborative team player with strong interpersonal and consultative skills. Ability to build relationships and gain respect at all levels of the organization, handling complex situations professionally with diplomacy and exercise sound judgment and confidentiality regarding all employee-related issues.
- Effective multitasking, ability to manage multiple and simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is required
- Superior communication skills (written/oral/ presentation), able to present clear and concise briefings and reports at all levels of an organization, both individually, within a team setting or large group.
- Proficient in HRIS, web applications, with advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications. Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- PHR, CEBS, CBP Certification is preferred
- Must be experienced in Defined Contribution retirement plan administration, with compliance focus. Experience with Defined Benefit retirement plan administration preferred.
- Working knowledge of compliance with ERISA, DOL, IRS and current federal and state regulations pertinent to qualified and nonqualified retirement plans, and health and welfare plans.
- Knowledge of design, management and administration of large complex retirement, health, and welfare and plans.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Influence business decisions that encompass benefit plan and compensation compliance considerations
- Manage $18M benefit budget
- Devise and gain buy-in and support for employee benefit plan compliance actions and processes
Position Reports to Head of HR and EHS, AHI, with dotted line to Airbus North America Head of Compensation and Benefits
Nature of Contacts:
Role requires well-developed communication skills with internal and external clients on a daily basis. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent follow through skills and the demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
Sitting or standing for extended periods of times. Moderate and intermittent periods of walking. Frequent speaking, hearing, and responding verbally, by email or written correspondence to internal and external parties either in-person or on the phone. Staring at a computer screen, reviewing documents or other related electronic data, and writing electronic documents or creating data files/reports for moderate to extended periods of time. Lift computer hardware up to 10-15 pounds.
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.