Compensation Manager - Dallas, TX
Andrews Distributing (Cheers to a BEER Career!)
A Compensation Manager is responsible for managing the compensation function for the company. The compensation manager plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring through audits, legal reports and personal interactions that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations. This role is part of the Human Resources team.
The fact that you landed here indicates there may be something missing in your work. Maybe you are not feeling challenged in the work you do, or perhaps you feel like your work has lost its meaning. Maybe you are simply tired of feeling like just another employee. Whatever your reason, you are not alone. In fact, many of our Team Members felt the same way before they discovered Andrews.
Here at Andrews, we believe purpose matters, and our stated purpose is “Serving one another in pursuit of being our best.” Are you looking for ways to serve others and discover your best? Do you want to thrive in an environment where you feel appreciated and valued? Let’s take a closer look at the role of Compensation Manager to determine if this opportunity is right for you!
Administers the company compensation plan and activities to ensure alignment with the company objectives, business needs and company structure.
- Manages the administration of direct compensation (executive, exempt, and nonexempt) including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions related to all types of pay.
- Provides advice to department leaders and coaches on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation.
- Participates in annual job evaluation and leveling process with leadership team.
- Designs creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Prepares and administers annual compensation budget.
Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and company objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to all departments.
- Participates in projects and initiatives as the compensation advisor and provides guidance to ensure alignment with compensation policies and processes.
Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Ensures compensation data integrity in HRIS and other HR-related systems and processes.
- Prepares and submits legal and compliance documents/reports as required.
Participates and conducts exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure company compensation objectives are achieved.
Keeps abreast of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
This list is not all inclusive of other tasks and subtasks that may be necessary in performing this role, but rather an overview of the role’s primary work tasks.
Education & Experience:
Here’s what you must have to be considered for this role…
- Five Plus Years of Progressively Responsible Experience in Compensation Administration
- Previous Sales Compensation Expereince
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
- Advanced MS Excel and Office Suite Skills
- Advanced Communication and Presentation Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, or Skills:
- Here’s what we hope you have…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, or other Related Field
- CCP Certification (Certified Compensation Professional)
- Previous Distribution Business Experience
Click Here to Apply