Compensation Analyst/Senior Compensation Analyst, Austin, TX
Texas Mutual Insurance Company
We’re excited you’re considering joining a great place to work!
Texas Mutual is deeply committed to creating and maintaining an environment of mutual respect and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
About this Position
As a Compensation Analyst at our organization, you will help to shape our compensation programs. This includes participating in compensation surveys, providing job analyses, preparing and analyzing survey data, benchmarking and making data-based pay recommendations to management. We will provide advanced tools to ensure your success, which includes Workday and Payscale / Marketpay. You will directly impact our ability to attract and retain the best talent and therefore help our company remain strong. If you are a problem solver who enjoys experimenting and is proactive in implementing new ideas and tactics, we want to hear from you!
The compensation team values diverse backgrounds and experiences, true work-life balance, and a healthy, positive team culture. Every member is valued for the expertise they bring, and we also contribute to each other’s growth by working together, challenging each other to do our best work and supporting every member. Our people are creative, kind, and we look forward to welcoming someone who values those qualities as well.
Working for Texas Mutual brings many benefits. Our employees can work from home two days a week with the remainder spent collaborating together in the office. You'll also have the opportunity to work from anywhere in the U.S. for two weeks each year, in addition to vacation, personal and sick time. Giving back to the community is at the heart of what we do. You can volunteer during the workday with organizations that are most meaningful to you. Located in heart of Mueller, you will enjoy a modern office surrounded by parks, restaurants and shopping, our on-site fitness center and more.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Research, analyze and develop recommendations for compensation programs (base pay, salary structures, and incentive programs) that align with TXM’s compensation philosophy and business objectives.
- Communicate/educate stakeholders on compensation program structure and operation.
- Analyze and make competitive employee pay recommendations to management based on analysis of the market data and internal equity.
- Evaluate, benchmark, and market price jobs utilizing salary surveys or slotting. Participate in salary and salary planning surveys.
- Administer the annual compensation planning processes (merit and incentives).
- Analyze and forecast annual compensation program budgets, including merit increases and incentive programs. Help with the development and modification of salary ranges.
- Help configure and maintain the HCM compensation module (Workday).
- Help configure and maintain the survey management system (Payscale/Marketpay).
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of TXM’s job(s) model.
- Design and prepare reports, presentations and memos for management.
- Ensure compensation programs comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
At the senior level, you will work independently on a more diverse array of projects, including executive compensation and HCM system design.
Education & Experience:
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two to four years of related work experience at the intermediate level and at least five years of related work experience at the senior level.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) for the senior level.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential job functions
Preferred Education, Experience, or Skills:
It would be great to also have:
Knowledge of Workday or other HCM system
- Opportunity for remote work up to two days per week for most positions
- Performance bonus
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement
- Automatic 4% employer contribution to retirement plan
- 401k plan with 100% employer match up to 6%
- Three weeks’ time off for vacation
- Generous sick, holiday and volunteer time off
- Day one health, Rx, vision and dental insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Pet insurance and pet Rx discounts
- Free on-site gym, fitness classes, and health and wellness resources
- Free identity theft protection
- Free 2nd medical opinion service
- Free student loan repayment and refinancing consultation
Click Here to Apply