Forterra is currently recruiting for a Compensation Manager to work in our corporate offices in Irving, TX.
The compensation manager (as an individual contributor) is responsible for managing the compensation function for the business. The compensation manager plans, develops and implements innovative compensation programs, policies and procedures in support of achieving company's goals, along with attracting and retaining industry-leading talent . This position is also responsible for ensuring through audits, legal reports and personal interactions that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.5 billion in 2017. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5,000 people and operates more than 88 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
Essential Responsibilities & Tasks
- Contributes to the development of a company-wide Total Rewards Strategy and Compensation Philosophy, effectively balancing the need for both internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures, proactively identifying plan design improvements that are cost-effective, motivate the right behaviors, align with Forterra philosophies and culture, and are market competitive. Provides advice to corporate staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Manages the administration of both annual programs (merit cycles) and ad-hoc compensation actions (executive, exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs)
- Manages Annual Incentive Program for eligible employee population.
- Supports the development and execution of appropriate sales incentive plans.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Participation in, conducts and/or purchases exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Performs market pricing data on benchmark jobs in an effort to develop a salary structure.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Make recommendations on any compensation planning system requirements and configuration changes that will enhance the overall user experience during the annual merit and AIP cycles. Work with HRIS team to ensure changes are tested and working as needed.
- Supports the development and execution of a comprehensive communication strategy around the full Forterra employment value proposition
- Manage the Company’s Equity Program
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Ethical Practice
- HR Expertise
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
This position will be an individual contributor role, as a “working” Compensation Manager.
This job operates in a professional, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt level position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional travel may be required in conjunction with any new program rollouts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, human resources or related field.
- Six to eight years of progressively responsible experience in compensation.
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
Preferred Education and Experience
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designations preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with top management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits & Compensation
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Forterra is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V
Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience and relevant skills.
No Search Firms please. Send resume' to firstname.lastname@example.org