Purpose of Job
Responsible for the design, assessment, implementation and/or administration of total compensation programs, practices and policies. Ensures alignment with the total rewards philosophy and HR strategy. Provides guidance and solutions (Executive and/or Non-Executive) covering a wide range of compensation areas including salary structure, base pay administration, short-term and long-term incentive pay administration, and salary guidance. Partners with HR Business Partners regarding administration and management of compensation programs.
Job Requirements Provides advanced knowledge and guidance in the design, assessment, implementation and/or administration of compensation programs, practices and policies (Executive and/or Non Executive).
· Proactively identifies and analyzes organizational trends, market data, and industry practices to identify root causes and address compensation issues.
· Advises senior leadership and HR Business Partners on compensation programs, practices and policies (Executive and/or Non-Executive) to ensure market competitiveness, strategic alignment and legal compliance.
· Consults with HR and business stakeholders.
· Provides guidance, oversight, and communication on compensation programs, practices and policies as well as the total rewards philosophy and strategy.
· Serves as a coach to peers and team members and acts as a resource for escalated issues of an unusual nature.
· Leads compensation projects and initiatives with an enterprise-wide impact.
· Represents Compensation in cross-functional teams.
· Coordinates with key stakeholders for the development and implementation of systems and processes which support compensation projects and initiatives.
· Develops learning resources and conducts training to educate management and employees on compensation-related programs, practices and policies, ensuring compliance with legal standards and strategic alignment.
· Bachelor's degree required (OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.)
· 6 or more years of work experience in compensation discipline, or related experience in HR, Finance, or business sales operations to include general business consulting/analysis experience or business management experience, and developing knowledge of relevant compensation and/or HR laws.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other software to be used to develop analysis, charts, and/or supporting documentation.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
· Incentive compensation plan design and compensation consulting experience.
· Experience modeling and analyzing potential changes to compensation & processes that provide insight into the impact on business objectives & alignment of metrics.
· Ability to synthesize data from different sources and provide insightful analysis and recommendations to Executive Leadership.
· Risk, compliance and/or audit governance experience.
· Program/Project management experience within large, complex organizations.
· Communications/change management experience.
· Financial Services Industry experience to include banking, investment or insurance.
· CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) designation
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.