Rosalie Korniak, Corporate Recruiter
We are seeking a professional Benefits Manager to join our team in Dallas, TX! If you are a seasoned Benefits Manager who possesses the attributes to execute and grow a successful Benefits team, and is hungry for the opportunity to learn and grow with an industry leader then we would love to speak with you!
What do we offer?
Compensation for this Benefits Manager role will include a competitive base salary and lucrative annual bonus plan! We also offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, and life insurance along with a Wellness Program, a generous PTO structure, and a 401K plan.
The Benefits Manager is responsible for administration of employee benefits in all company operations. The incumbent utilizes knowledge, research and expertise to determine our competitive position in employee benefits. He or she develops, recommends and implements approved new or modified plans and employee benefits policies. She or he manages the administration of existing plans while assuring maximum coverage at the least possible cost to us and our employees.
With or without reasonable accommodations, the Benefits Manager must perform the following functions.
- Manage the relationship with our Health Care broker. Partner effectively with the broker to:
- Manage a complex combination of fully insured and self-funded employee benefit plans including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plans, along with an effective wellness program.
- Advise CFO, CHRO, business leaders, and other senior management on the status of benefits plans
- Develop specifications for new plans and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers; by analyzing other plans, surveys and external sources of information.
- Analyze these results and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Recommend classes of eligible employees for new or modified plans. Develop census data and solicit insurance companies for quotations. Evaluates quotation and make recommendations to management. Develop company cost information for new plans and make premium cost share recommendations to management.
- Implement approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents and other media for communicating plans to employees
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instruct insurance carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefits program. Ensure prompt and accurate compliance.
- Develop benefits information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers and management.
- Advise senior management on the status of benefits plans, the legal environment, anticipated cost changes, and recommended strategies to mitigate financial risk.
- Partner effectively with the vice president of human resources and the compensation manager.
- Assure company compliance with federal, state and local laws including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs
- Oversee work of the Benefits Call Center to ensure benefits inquiries and complaints are addressed quickly, respectfully and accurately.
- Obsessively manage quality control, ensuring that data transfers are accurate and timely.
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment and claims records for all benefits plans.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- Certified Benefits Professional certification strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the regulatory environment for benefits programs, designing and administering health and welfare plans, and the selection/management of outsourced partners
- Ability to perform the following key competencies
- Prioritization, Teamwork, Organizational Awareness, and Problem Solving
- Strong experience managing both self-funded and fully insured health plans.
- Minimum of five years as a benefits or total rewards manager
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to apply critical evaluation to all situations
- Experience in reviewing financial documents
- Strong leadership and coaching abilities
This position manages all benefits staff and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.