BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
The Sr. Compensation Manager leads & manages the operational needs, analysis and administration of BigCommerce’s global compensation programs. This role will design, administer and drive key processes that facilitate compensation programs that reward & support high-performing teams in a rapidly growing business. This position provides client support, develops cost modeling, leads cyclical, focal, bonus and equity programs, provides analysis and reporting, completes job evaluations and market pricing, develops and maintains policies and documents and administers incentive programs. This position is also responsible for ensuring through audits, legal reports and personal interactions that BigCommerce compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively monitor the effectiveness of compensation policies, guidelines and procedures; recommend plan revisions and new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and company objectives; drive implementation and provide guidance to People People team and managers.
- Provide consultation to People People team and managers on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation.
- Proactively improve processes; participate in and analyze compensation surveys, economic and wage projection trends; program changes, enhancements, salary structures and equity incentive program.
- Assist with design and implementation of BigCommerce’s salary planning process into our new HRIS.
- Manage partnership with People team and business leaders to assign and maintain job levels, job families and ensure consistency in position titles and offers.
- Complete compensation assessments associated with new position requests, pay adjustments and promotions by leveraging benchmark, incumbent and internal salary structure to provide solid recommendations for compensation and FLSA exemption status.
- Lead all compensation processes: executive bonus, equity incentive, promotions and focal review.
- Collaborate directly with subject matter experts across Finance, HR, Sales Operations and Sales Leadership to ensure sales incentive designs are operating effectively against benchmark metrics and documented appropriately.
- Manage compensation benchmark data systems and share data with teams.
- Partner with People Business Partners to research/audit internal client issues (market competitiveness, pay inequity, etc.) and respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Prepare Compensation Committee presentations and assist People People Leadership with executive compensation review analysis and preparation for Compensation Committee meetings.
- Manage vendors and partners related to equity administration, required governmental reporting, statements and grant cancellation, approval and expiration.
- Answer employee questions and provide training on all compensation and equity programs.
Who you are:
- 7+ years related experience in compensation required, experience with business & financial analysis preferred.
- 5+ years design-oriented compensation experience ideally in a high-tech, high-growth environment, global/multi-location experience preferred.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and/or Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation is desired not required.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of talent and rewards programs and processes
- Advanced excel skills and strong working knowledge of the Radford High-Tech survey.
- Capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing complex processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities, work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced company.
- Comfortable working hands-on to get things done and quickly shifting to complex strategy discussions.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to synthesize data and develop insights and influence all levels in the organization using data and reason.
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.