Compexecs is assisting a growing automation and technical supply distribution company in their search for a Senior Compensation Manager in Dallas, Texas. They are seeking an experienced compensation professional to lead the design, development, implementation and ongoing administration of the company’s base, variable and equity compensation programs, policies, procedures and day to day operations. If you have an interest, please reach out to Kevin Raines at CompExecs (KevinRaines@CompExecs.com). For additional roles we are sourcing, check out www.CompExecs.com.
The Compensation Manager is responsible for the design, development, implementation and ongoing administration of the Company’s base, variable and equity compensation programs, policies, procedures and day to day operations. This role is focused on ensuring that compensation programs enhance the organization’s ability to recruit and retain high caliber employees, supports the company’s strategic priorities, and is consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, administration and maintenance of compensation programs to include base pay, short and long-term incentives, and equity programs.
- Lead both tactical and strategic support to ensure compensation programs are competitive, sustainable, have an impact on short and long-term strategic goals, and align to company compensation philosophy.
- Lead the preparation of job descriptions, job evaluations and salary surveys.
- Manage the development and recommendation of appropriate job titles, job codes, FLSA status, pay grades, job levels, incentive and incentive target, etc.
- Collaborate with HR Management and Field Managers relative to pay and titling to assure validity and consistency across the business.
- Make recommendations to HR, Sales, and Finance Leaders on incentive plan design improvements, inclusive of ideas to better attract, retain, and motivate employees as well as recommendations for administration efficiencies.
- Lead the Total Rewards component of the annual merit and bonus process with appropriate planning and cross-functional collaboration.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual commission/incentive plan calculations, administration, and payments.
- Lead modeling, statistical analysis and costing of base and incentive programs with Finance Leadership.
- Develop and maintain reporting and audits to monitor pay equity to ensure any pay discrepancies are addressed by business unit, job family or protected class.
- Manage the design of tools, guidelines, templates and communication materials to effectively educate employees, managers and executives on all compensation programs.
- Serve as a liaison with Group headquarters in Paris on required compensation topics.
- Manage deferred compensation and stock programs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal and state regulations, keeps abreast of trends and makes recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Lead, develop, and mentor a high performing staff of compensation professionals
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge Required
- A minimum of 8 years prior experience in compensation, with at least 3 years of experience in sales compensation (plan design and administration).
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge Preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional designation
- Experience using SuccessFactors Compensation and Variable Pay modules
- Experience using Payfactors online survey tool
- Experience identifying and implementing a sales incentive plan tool
How you match
Criteria provided by job poster
No matchCross-functional Team Leadership
No matchDesign Research
No matchPublic Policy
Level of education
Contact the job poster
President at CompExecs