The Compensation Analyst works independently, with minimal guidance to provide Compensation consulting services to Corporate departments by providing analytical and administrative support for compensation policies and programs.
- Contributes to the administration of compensation programs by preparing survey submissions, maintaining data and tables, updating reports, analyzing data and creating salary structures.
- Prepares compensation recommendations.
- Audits job descriptions, evaluates positions and creates appropriate survey data matches.
- Analyzes competitive pay posture and proposes solutions which support internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Consults with HR Business Partners and business areas to lead analysis and evaluation of jobs in order to determine market value, salary range and FLSA classification.
- Provides salary administration guidance and compensation policy guidance.
- Collaborates with HR data analyst to conduct analysis as requested which includes compiling, analyzing and summarizing data to create reports and dashboards, and to inform consultative recommendations.
- Manages the Merit and Bonus planning process.
- Reviews and processes salary actions (merits, promotions, market adjustments, cash awards and incentives) and offers/requisitions.
- Prepare and report on salary survey submissions.
- Works collaboratively with multiple teams throughout the organization in supporting the mission and values of the organization.
- Leads meetings as needed and will conduct training and presentations for small as well as large groups of leaders and/or associates.
- Maintains market pricing tool which includes formatting/loading salary survey data, linking market data to jobs, and maintaining local system parameters (trend amount, data views);
- Performs other duties as needed.
- 3+ years of compensation experience in the following areas: job analysis, job evaluation, competitive assessment, structure development and compensation program administration.
- Advanced spreadsheet and database skills using Microsoft Excel and Access, required.
- Experience with Payfactors a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; Effective time management skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations regarding compensation programs.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelors degree preferred