Job Title: Compensation Advisor
Compensation Hiring Range:
Job/Company Location: The Chickasaw Nation; Ada, Oklahoma
The Compensation Advisor will provide compensation support and guidance to various business units. This position is responsible for the administration, communication and maintenance of the compensation process according to company guidelines and policies. Responsibilities may include: participation in complex and high level projects involving compensation review and design of an organizational unit, preparing high level compensation reports, participation in salary surveys, job analysis, evaluation of job descriptions, evaluations of positions, and compensation system maintenance.
Contact Information: Pauline.email@example.com OR visit our careers page at https://www.chickasaw.net/Our-Nation/Careers.aspx
Supervision Received: Sr. Manager Compensation
Supervision Exercised: None
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct job analysis, job evaluations and departmental compensation reviews to determine appropriate assignment of salary grade.
- Review requests for new or revised job classifications.
- Provide compensation guidance and support to business units.
- Develop analytical models for a variety of projects ranging from small departments to the entire organization.
- Assist with the design and development of new compensation programs and modifications to existing programs.
- Review, audit and maintenance of compensation resource tools.
- Partner with managers to assess and recommend compensation adjustments to support the need of the facility.
- Participate in special compensation projects and research as assigned.
- Participate in annual compensation market surveys.
- Analyze data from relevant compensation surveys.
- Utilize existing systems and databases to record and report on total compensation.
- Coordinate updates and maintenance of compensation related data within HRIS; including the creation of new titles, reporting structure, and maintenance of active titles.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Human Resources Management
- Years of experience in lieu of degree also considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge and experience using a point factor job evaluation system a plus.
- Knowledge of benchmarking jobs
- Knowledge of conducting market research and market pricing
- Ability to keep highly sensitive human resources and compensation information confidential.
- Ability to read and understand salary survey reports
- Ability to participate in complex salary participation projects
- Ability to understand and analyze complex compensation data and apply to current project.
- Advanced ability to problem-solve
- Ability to communicate compensation theory in layman’s terms.
- Ability to develop and coach members of an HR department to communicate compensation to their clientele.
- Ability to interact with and build working relationships with all levels of management.
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel necessary to do this job
- Proficient use of Kronos system a plus.
- Proficient/advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
Training and Experience:
- Five to Seven (5-7) years of progressive experience in a position requiring the use of advanced analytical skills, experience in the Human Resource field preferred.
- Five (5) years of direct compensation experience preferred.
- Previous experience with an HRIS or related compensation application(s) experience preferred.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred or ability to complete required courses.
- Must be able to pass background check and receive a gaming license from the Chickasaw Nation Office of the Gaming Commission as required to work in gaming operations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to complete pre-employment drug test with a negative result.
Work is performed in an office environment. Occasionally may need to visit facilities and other locations where smoking occurs. Light travel is required.