The Chickasaw Nation is a dynamic and energetic organization to work for. Our Governor has been voted the most powerful and influential leader in Oklahoma for four years in a row because of his vision, kindness, generosity and proven successful leadership. Come enjoy a great work life balance in a community that is just an hour or so away from major metropolitan areas, great shopping, cultural activities and multiple lakes for the outdoor enthusiast. Expand your compensation knowledge by working in an organization where multiple labor markets are represented and you are valued for your high performance.
General Definition: The compensation analyst will provide compensation support and guidance to internal departments and business units. This position is responsible for job analysis and evaluations, assistance with job description writing, participation in salary surveys, creating or adjusting structures and being a part of strategic, organization wide projects. Strong analytical skills and Excel experience necessary.
Supervision Received: Sr. Manager, Compensation
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide compensation guidance and support to internal departments and business units.
- Assist with the design and development of new compensation pay structures or upgrades to existing structures.
- Build career paths for departments or areas upon request of managers and leaders of various departments and business units.
- Participate in special compensation projects and research as assigned.
- Participate in annual salary surveys.
- Compiles, analyzes, interprets, and presents market data to all levels of management.
- Documents and interprets compensation programs.
- Assists with development of compensation training.
- Conduct job analysis and evaluations to determine appropriate assignment of salary grade and exemption status.
- Assist managers in designing job descriptions.
- Remains knowledgeable of minimum wage laws and regulatory environments for compensation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business required
- Certified Comp Professional required (will consider if classes toward CCP have began but aren’t completed)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge and experience using a job evaluation methodology.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions from data
- Strong knowledge of compensation theory and concepts.
- Knowledge of writing job descriptions
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to complete work under hard deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong writing skills and ability to produce professional documents
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel. May be tested.
- Able to communicate compensation theory in layman’s terms.
Training and Experience:
- 3 – 5 years working as an analyst on a compensation team.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in writing or reviewing job descriptions.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience participating in salary surveys
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to complete pre-employment drug test with a negative result.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time. Requires grasping, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must be able to lift or move up to 15 pounds.
Work is performed in an office environment. Occasionally may need to visit facilities where smoking occurs. Light travel is required.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.