The Compensation Analyst position will be responsible for developing, designing, and implementing total compensation programs, practices, and policies to attract and retain top talent. Activities include analyzing, evaluating, and prepare recommendations to ensure the company maintains a competitive and cost-effective position in the markets in which we operate. Demonstrate and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service by putting all customers (internal and external) first and displaying:
- A healing focus,
- A selfless heart, and
- A tireless resolve.
Read more below or:
In support of the Concentra Compensation program and under the direction of the Director of Compensation/HR Services, the Compensation Analyst will participate in job design and leveling and examine compensation information to determine competitive position and internal structure. This technical and analytical position requires strong communication skills, particularly written communication skills, to convey internal equity, external competitiveness and legal compliance of the organization’s pay practices.
- Completes market analysis, job evaluation, and internal leveling of new and updated positions to ensure both external competitiveness and internal equity. Based on position-specific information, determines if an existing description can be used for classification. As necessary, modifies and creates new descriptions which accurately reflect current roles, responsibilities and requirements.
- Provides consultative guidance, interpretation, training and recommendations to managers, supervisors, and team members related to all compensation programs, policies, actions and issues.
- Verifies compensation competitiveness by researching, benchmarking and analyzing market data.
- Responsible for ensuring timely participation in external salary surveys. Responsible for determining matches and submitting organization profiles. Responsible for ensuring timely upload of survey results into compensation tool.
- Recommends corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation related issues.
- Administration of annual Salary Planning program and assist finance in the bonus cycle.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation of FLSA determinations and classifying exemption status for jobs through review of job profile or desk audits.
- Ensures appropriate EEO mapping for all positions.
- Create reports and analysis for compensation related projects.
- Researches and resolves questions, discrepancies, and other ad hoc requests from leadership.
- Drives automation and process improvements for Compensation programs.
- Work directly with Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, and Finance to plan and model the incentive compensation program.
- Works with finance and leadership to develop, write and deliver incentive plans through learning management system.
- Provide guidance on all incentive compensation matters.
- Ensure policies are in place and incentive compensation process and related controls are clearly documented and executed.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all other company colleagues in both written and verbal form.
- Administers salary planning process, spreadsheets following guidelines set forth by Human Resources, Finance and the Compensation Director.
- Provide Executive Increase Summary for all increases for Colleagues by leader each quarter.
- Effectively trains leaders and colleagues in compensation practices and policies.
- Performs audits on compensation equity, and works with leaders on action plan.
- Provide customer service by answering questions of employees and human resources staff and providing information as requested.
- Transfer and processes data for salary adjustments, special payments, bonuses and auto allocations.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Direct reports? None
- Budget responsibility? None
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or related from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Customarily has at least 4 years of experience as a Compensation Analyst, healthcare industry a plus
- Prefer experience with base pay and variable pay administration
- Prefer experience developing and writing compensation plans
- Impeccable accuracy skills and ability to seek out peer review to ensure data integrity.
- Knowledge of compensation/HRIS function, policies, procedures and practices including employment classification rules and regulations.
- Ability to calculate and interpret mathematical formulas such as percentages, ratios, statistical average, median, multiple regression.
- Ability to analyze data and recommend solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive performance expectations.
- Demonstrated customer-focused approach, which includes courteous and respectful interactions with colleagues.
- Intermediate excel spreadsheet skills including ability to apply functions such as Vlook-up, date conversion, create mathematical formulas to calculate sums, ratios, and percentages, create look up’s’ using data validation function, etc.
- Process oriented in terms of prescribed, linked steps affecting multiple departments.
- Able to perform arithmetic calculations and limited statistical functions and understand results.
- Effective writing skills and articulate communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple opportunities, deadlines, and prioritize tasks.
- Maintain confidentiality of data and information.
- Collaborates with payroll, finance and human resources.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.