J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
Executive Compensation Sr Manager - Human Resources
The Executive Compensation Senior Manager leads, manages, and administers JCPenney's executive compensation plans. Candidate should demonstrate mastery of executive compensation for public companies. Candidate possesses strong ability to influence and navigate through ambiguity. Reports to the Vice President Compensation & Benefits at JCPenney’s Home Office.
- Manage a team of professional level executive compensation analysts, including defining responsibilities, setting expectations, motivating, and developing team members.
- Facilitate executive compensation plan strategy. Research and assess market prevalence and trends regarding executive compensation design. Develop recommendations.
- Manage the assessment of equity budget, overall equity plan design, and implementation of equity programs.
- Lead the development and coordination of Compensation Committee materials.
- Conduct ad-hoc compensation analyses and research projects. Identify and seek multiple data-points to evaluate and assess effectiveness of executive compensation programs. Evaluate executive positions and develop appropriate compensation recommendations. Drive change to align executive compensation practices to changing business needs.
- Exhibit extensive awareness and knowledge of executive compensation conditions, including current and future trends, ongoing legislation affecting executive compensation, and monitor applicable SEC, accounting and tax regulations to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Participates in the design and implementation of board of director compensation structure.
- Administer on-going executive compensation, equity compensation, and board of director compensation and benefit programs.
- Exhibits strong familiarity with tax rules and financial regulations relevant to executive compensation.
- Assist with the completion of the proxy statement, 10-K, footnote disclosures and other ad-hoc reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Collaborate with internal partners, including Legal, Tax, Accounting, Finance, and Payroll. Provides guidance on executive compensation programs to HR partners.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Critical thinking. Attention to detail.
- Possesses a minimum of five years of compensation experience at a large public company; specializations in executive compensation highly preferred.
- Project Management skills required.
- Candidate can demonstrate strong knowledge and fundamental understanding of executive compensation design and technical expertise in total rewards strategy.
- Financial and Legal acumen. Ability to comprehend complex legal documentation and financial statements.
- Knowledge of IRS and SEC laws governing executive compensation required.
- Must possess strong analytical and quantitative skills, including knowledge of accounting principles.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
If interested, please contact Shelly Catalina at email@example.com or apply online at http://app.jobvite.com/m?38fTKkwP