J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
Compensation Analyst - Human Resources
Working under general supervision, the Compensation Analyst provides analytical expertise and support for the planning, design, development, and administration of associate compensation across the organization. Principal outcomes of this position include executing, modeling and recommending strategies and programs that maximize JCPenney’s competitive offerings, drive business results and support strategic goals in a cost-effective manner. An associate in this position will interface regularly with HR colleagues and multiple levels of business partners to ensure compensation components continue to be competitively positioned and effectively attract, retain, and reward associates. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor’s approval.
- Provide analysis to support the design, implementation and administration of JCPenney’s compensation programs.
- Conduct market research, streamline processes, assess opportunities, model improvements and make proposals to ensure the pay programs, structures, and practices are aligned with business strategies.
- Participates in job evaluations; analyzes job responsibilities, activities, duties, requirements and organizational structure and recommends internal job placement in the appropriate level, title, FLSA classification and determines market range.
- Work collaboratively and influentially with business partners to resolve compensation issues and achieve desired outcomes; provide guidance where appropriate to management regarding salary changes associated with promotions, demotions, transfers and relocations as well as market and equity adjustments.
- Support the design and administration of JCPenney’s variable pay programs including commissions, annual bonuses, and long-term incentives by researching market trends, offering design and process improvements, modeling outcomes and costs, and drafting effective communication.
- Contribute to the planning and administration of JCPenney’s annual performance assessment and merit processes in addition to other year-end projects.
- Partner with HR Operations to properly set up compensation plans, grades, salary ranges, job profiles, and other compensation-related elements in PeopleSoft and related HR systems.
- Maintains knowledge of new or pending local, state, federal legislation that may impact compensation programs.
- Provide ad-hoc reports, statistics and information as needed.
- Model a high level of service when responding to requests within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others’ feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate
Core Competencies & Accomplishments
What You Get
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with concentration in Human Resources, Business, Finance or Certified Compensation Professional or equivalent work experience required
- At least 2 years of experience in a Human Resources or Finance-related function required; analytical experience preferred
- Demonstrated background of progressive responsibility in HR with knowledge of compensation practices, principles and regulations required; experience in a large multi-state retail/corporate environment preferred
- Proficient knowledge of compensation theory and practice in implementation of organization-wide pay structures and special pay and incentive policiesProficient knowledge of Windows-based business software including Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of HR Management software such as Workday, PeopleSoft or similar system
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to anticipate needs and manage expectations, effectively communicate priorities and timelines, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering/scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
- Working knowledge of domestic and international regulatory environments as they relate to compensation programs preferred
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Compensation Analyst
Location: Plano, TX, United States
If interested, please contact Shelly Catalina at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at http://app.jobvite.com/m?3bw2Nkwl