The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America’s largest arts and crafts specialty retailer. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
We are currently recruiting for a Compensation Analyst located in our Support Center (Global Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.
What will you be doing?
Under the direction of the Director – Compensation & HRIS responsible for analyzing, maintaining and processing compensation program elements in support of company initiatives and organizational needs. The analyst is accountable for competitive analysis, program scenario modeling, monitoring of business unit compensation, program administration and support of properly communicated compensation programs.
How will you do it?
Ongoing management and administration of compensation programs and process ensuring understanding and compliance.
- Consults with all levels of team members in the organization regarding the management and administration of the Company compensation programs and processes.
- Works closely with the Human Resources and HRIS teams to monitor and ensure compliance and leads the Company-wide compensation programs in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Plan, develop and execute the annual merit increase and bonus programs for the various business units.
- Assist with the design, cost/benefit analysis and communication of compensation programs in proposal and roll out stage.
- Assist with the implementation and design of long-term incentive programs and communications.
- Write and/or update procedures and other documentation (including comp manuals).
Compensation research and analysis
- Perform compensation analysis utilizing survey data to determine competitive rate for individual jobs, identify general market trends, and establish the competitive market position
- Establish and maintain pay ranges
- Produce compensation recommendations based on analysis, and market research utilization a total rewards approach
- Assist with the design and cost/benefit analysis of compensation programs / proposals.
- Review and evaluate jobs for accurate job description, internal equity, and FLSA status.
Conduct special studies and projects as required
- Conduct analysis, spot surveys, research and development of modifications to programs as needed to support organizational needs.
- Assesses and performs analysis on collected wage data and prepares wage and salary data to facilitate compensation and management functions of organization.
- Examines and evaluates executive and non-executive positions.
- Responsibilities are of a professional level and require understanding of both compensation theory and practice.
Other duties as assigned
Category and Applicable Knowledge/Skills/Abilities This section will also be part of the job posting. Include information such as required education level, area of study, certification or technical skills required, minimum years of experience required, type of experience the job requires, etc.
What Skills you will need to do your job?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient Excel skills (pivot tables, lookups, complex formulas, etc.)
- 2 to 3 years compensation analysis experience and understanding of compensation philosophies or equivalent
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to plan and manage independent project work
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel skills (statistical calculations, array formulas, multiple regression, etc.)
- Workday Experience with the Compensation and Advance Compensation Modules
- Workday and/or Alteryx experience
Please apply here: