Location: Waco, TX
The Compensation Manager serves as the tactical leader for the compensation function. This position is responsible for leading compensation-related projects that ensures exempt, non-exempt, and driver pay remain competitive with the external market, creating and enforcing policies and procedures that ensure all compensation practices are consistent with applicable Federal and State laws, and managing daily initiatives, questions, and communications.
- Manage the administration of direct compensation (executive, exempt and non-exempt cash compensation programs) for all business units including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions.
- Plan, develop, and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Analyzes results of surveys and develops specific recommendations for review by management.
- Plan, develop and implement new and revised compensation programs, policies, procedures, in order to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revisions as well as new plans which are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and company objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to corporate and division staff.
- Communicate approved compensation plan changes by preparing announcement material, e-mails, booklets, and other media directed to company leadership, division/field leadership, and Human Resources. Conducts meetings to communicate changes.
- Assure thorough audits, reports and personal contact that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Assure that existing and new compensation programs are adaptable to standardized computer and reporting systems.
- Provide advice to corporate and division staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Keep apprised of federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in business, HR, Accounting/Finance, or related field.
- Have 5 years of compensation or related experience.
- Have strong MS Office skills including Word and Excel. PowerPoint will be useful; PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Must have executive compensation experience.
- Have knowledge of driver payroll programs and systems.
- Have supervisory experience.
- Have knowledge of federal/state laws and government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation required.
If you are interested and qualified, please send a “Word” copy of your resume/CV and salary requirements to the address below. When applying, please indicate the job and the location in the subject line of your e-mail.
Jericho HR Group