TX-The Woodlands OR
Dallas/Fort Worth Metro
The Compensation Consultant is responsible for providing consultative compensation support and leading compensation initiatives for the assigned client group.
This role will be a key player in the design and creation of compensation strategies that align to the overall business strategy.
This position may be based in The Woodlands or Irving, TX.
Consultative Compensation Lead/Subject Matter Expert
- Leads and influences Senior Management on compensation strategies/responsibilities to include analysis and evaluation, market pricing, compliance, bonus plan design, etc.
- Conduct rigorous analysis of multiple and complex data sources (compensation surveys and market research, talent, workforce, best practices) to create various compensation models. Scenarios may include predictive analytics to identify future trends and risk. Asks well-informed questions to diagnose problems/needs.
- Client interaction: Engage, influence, and provide some consultation to various audiences, including HR Business Partners, line managers, senior management and executives. Provide advice to partners in a way that expands the understanding of compensation principles and programs and maintains data integrity and compliance with guidelines.
- Actively seeks market intelligence and industry-specific data to obtaining in-depth understanding of the market and industry-specific compensation trends; inform and recommend solutions to ensure compensation programs are industry-aligned and best-in-class; and builds internal relationships and external networks.
Compensation Projects & Related HR Initiatives
- Lead the annual compensation review process, including merit & bonus, matrices and job architecture development.
- Key contributor on the design, development, and impact of various rewards programs and services. Frequently contributes to the development of new comp theories and methods.
- Leads or participates in organization-wide or HR-sponsored special projects or initiatives.
- Leads compensation activity for M&A’s, as needed.
- Participate in salary surveys and other bench-marking data sources – including pay practices/trends.
- Creates compensation training tools and resources and conducts training sessions as needed for business and HR leaders.
Additional Responsibilities as Assigned
- Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity. Uses judgement within broadly defined policies and practices. Anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets. Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes. Goals generally communicated in 'solution' or project goal terms.
Typical Minimum Qualifications
- 7 or more years of relevant experience
- Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years Compensation experience including strategy development and demonstrates expertise in one or two Compensation practice areas (e.g., base pay, variable programs), preferably in a large, complex organization or corporate setting.
- Advanced compensation knowledge - bench-marking, job evaluations, market research, compensation reviews, survey bench-marking
- Ability to understand BU and HR strategy and the alignment with compensation, with the capability to interpret internal/external requirements and recommends solutions/best practices, and alternatives.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills including combining multiple data sources, complex formulas, pivot tables, v look-ups, charts and other advanced functions with ability to communicate findings in a clear, concise manner.
- Strong compensation consulting with ability to build credibility quickly and build relationships internally and externally with the customer.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Understanding of clinical roles and the healthcare industry is strongly preferred
- Certificate in Compensation Administration such as World at Work Certified Compensation Professionals (CCP), etc. preferred
- Four-year degree in Business Administration or Human Resources, Business Management or related field
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!