Compensation Analyst - Dallas, TX
Atmos Energy Corporation
Ensures competitive and equitable pay practices for the Company to attract and retain talent. Responsible for analyzing, evaluating and maintaining compensation programs to support organizational objectives.
- Provides analytical support and assistance in the execution and administration of base pay and variable pay compensation programs. Provides guidance and solutions on compensation related matters.
- Prepares materials to support salary survey job matching sessions. Completes annual survey submissions on behalf of the Company and analyzes results of general and industry compensation surveys.
- Creates new and/or updates existing job descriptions. Conducts job evaluations and makes leveling recommendations for existing, new, or changed jobs. Assists with evaluating and recommending the FLSA status of Company jobs.
- Assists with managing job documentation and job descriptions. Ensures the accuracy of all job data contained within HRMS and other systems by seeking current information, following up on outstanding issues, and resolving discrepancies.
- Conducts market pricing on a project basis, or as needed.
- Performs ongoing market pricing system administration duties to ensure the accuracy and completeness of jobs, employees, salary structures and market data. Routinely runs various system reports and creates complex reports. Researches and coordinates resolution of system issues with vendor.
- Assists with documenting processes in support of enterprise-wide compensation-related programs.
- Participates in the administration of the annual merit and variable pay plan process.
- Reviews proposed salary actions, seeks input from managers on sensitive issues, and recommends when a requested exception is appropriate. Assists with developing informational materials and/or forms to assist managers and employees in understanding and participating in compensation processes.
- Performs statistical analysis, data modeling, data analytics and costing of base and incentive pay programs.
- Prepares charts, graphs, and dashboards for presentations regarding compensation initiatives. May compose employee communications related to base and variable pay programs.
- Participates in preparing Company responses to rate cases by collecting, compiling, and organizing compensation-related materials and information required by the rate case.
- May assist with Executive Compensation activities.
- Able to handle superior level of confidentiality concerning employee information. Excellent time management, interpersonal, communication, presentation, organization, decision-making, and planning skills.
Education and Experience:
Requires Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting or a related field and a minimum of three years compensation analysis/design experience; or equivalent.
Preferred Education, Experience, and/or skill(s):
Work Conditions/Phyiscal Requirements:
- CCP preferred.
- Communication Skills:
Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or information. Requires excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Numeric Skills:
Requires the ability to perform complex analyses involving ratios, percentages and advanced statistical methods. Requires strong analytical skills and ability to perform independent in-depth analysis.
- Computer Skills:
Requires advanced knowledge of various software applications to create complex compensation-related documents, reports and/or graphics, including MS Office. High-level proficiency in MS Excel required.
Works in an office environment. Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting.
Atmos Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Click here to apply