Senior HR Business Partner - Garland, TX
City of Garland
Serves as a consultative partner to assigned departments aligning organizational and strategic objectives with human resource related functions such as compensation, employee relations, recruitment and development. Builds collaborative partnerships across the City and within the HR function to deliver value-added service to City management and employees. Serves as a change agent for new initiatives ensuring operational impact is considered, managed, and guided to achieve success. Provides subject-matter expertise on regulatory guidelines and related internal directives.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with department management, providing regulatory guidance, consultation and subject matter expertise as needed.
- Serves as liaison and primary point of contact for questions concerning HR policies and initiatives, ensuring effective two-way communication to translate strategy and initiatives into action.
- Gains understanding of department objectives, practices and services and uses it to align HR functions, where possible, balancing the interests of both.
- Partners with departments on core HR functions including full-cycle recruitment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, performance management, regulatory compliance, succession planning and employee development.
- Leads HR related initiatives, ensuring effective implementation and evaluation at the departmental level.
- Works closely with all internal HR departments, providing both departmental and HR expertise.
- Keeps abreast of current and developing trends related to HR management in order to provide analysis and subject matter expertise.
Education & Experience:
- Required levels Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources or related discipline
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources with at least 2-3 years with generalist level responsibilities
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting an organization of similar size or sector
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full - Time
Click here to apply