Senior Compensation Analyst - Dallas, TX
The Senior Compensation Analyst is responsible for the research, design, and implementation of total compensation programs for U.S. and global entities within Freeman. This position works with managerial staff to develop internal comparisons and external market data related to new and existing jobs within the company. The Senior Compensation Analyst ensures compliance with local, state, federal and international laws governing compensation practices. This role actively participates in the design, analysis, administration, analysis and communication of compensation programs.
- Ensures consistent, equitable, and market reflective application of company compensation philosophy while balancing unique regional and company specific regulations and practices
- Participates in local and national salary surveys and analyzes results to determine organization's market position relative to other companies
- Partners with all levels of management to write, review, and revise job descriptions
- Researches unique jobs using the internet, job posting sites, and market survey resources
- Conducts market analysis to determine appropriate salary level according to internal compensation guidelines external market comparisons
- Develops salary structures and recommendations to adjust salary structures in response to changing organizational needs and market competitiveness
- Reviews proposals for new or revised FLSA classifications to determine appropriate status
- Administers the annual merit and bonus process to ensure compliance with pay for performance
- Works closely with the HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition to resolve compensation-related issues in the field or corporate offices
- Reviews proposed salary and bonus actions to ensure compliance with established guidelines and policies and to ensure internal equity
- Researches country-specific compensation practices and programs using a combination of external consultants and third-party survey sources
- Works closely with Human Resources, Finance, Payroll, Sales, and Operations (at all Freeman companies) to design and administer compensation programs
- Uses analytical and quantitative techniques to prepare regular, periodic analyses of pay practices, compensation actions, raises, promotions, etc.
- Monitors compliance with local, state/province, federal and international laws governing minimum wage, exemption tests, and all compensation related issues
- Supports effective usage of existing and new systems by participating in SAP upgrades, maintenance of data, and evaluation of existing processes for automation
- Collaborates with HRIS / IT on system improvement or development projects that directly or indirectly support Compensation's strategic and tactical objectives
- Audits job, position, and grade level data within SAP to ensure accuracy, state worker’s compensation compliance and federal EEO compliance
- Provides technical and analytical support through the use of Microsoft SharePoint sites as well as other Microsoft applications, SuccessFactors and SAP
- Works with the Payroll, Benefits and IT teams to design and develop annual, static Total Rewards Statements for the prior year and to develop virtual Total Rewards Statements for the current year
- Prepares and delivers presentations to management on compensation related matters
- Serves as consultant on major compensation programs/initiatives, working closely with leaders in other departments and companies within Freeman
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to create and maintain effective, competent, professional working relationships throughout the organization including the Executive level
- Proven ability to demonstrate strong critical thinking skills, collaboration, independent reasoning, discretion, analytical skills and judgment with applied business acumen
- Must be able to clearly and succinctly communicate (verbal and written) complex ideas with business partners as well as demonstrate and apply active listening skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with proven organizational and prioritzation skills is required
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to work independently, take initiative, remain motivated and work across multiple projects; must be able to make sound judgment skills and frequently shift priorities to respond to changing business needs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; MBA Degree is preferred
- Minimum of (5) five years Compensation experience including large company experience with multiple locations and multiple states is required; international experience is preferred
- Experience in compensation design, development and administration is required
- Must have expert-skill level in Microsoft Office products (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint)
- Experience with Success Factors is preferred
Preferred Education, Experience, or Skills
- Analytical Skills - Synthesizes complex or diverse information using intuition, research and experience to complement data provided. Reviews & analyzes a wide variety of information and recommends a specific course of action.
- Business Process Improvement - Takes steps to improve or correct errors and expand overall products or services. Strives for continuous improvement by identifying opportunities and assessing risks. Supports an environment conducive to change and fosters free exchange of ideas to improve processes.
- Critical Thinking – Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem. Ability to create or interpret graphs, tables, and formulas.
- Problem Resolution – Analyzes problems and alternative solutions and takes appropriate timely action to achieve desired business results. Seeks unique and novel solutions to problems and considers impact of final resolution.
- Productivity - Stays focused and uses time efficiently. Prioritizes work effectively. Performs work with minimal supervision.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to assignments or role.
- Drive to Perform - Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm and personal focus.
- Technical Skills - Ability to understand and interpret the laws, rules, policies, procedures, or systems related to the job.
- Technology - Generates or adapts equipment and technology to serve user needs. Writes or interprets computer programming for various purposes
Work Conditions / Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; drive, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The employee will be required to work long hours as needed.
The position described above is a general outline of the job's responsibilities and requirements. The duties may increase or decrease at any time at the discretion of management.
How to Apply:
Email Charmaine Garrison at Charmaine.Garrison@freemanco.com.